The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Do you think it is acceptable to use your phone at the checkout?

Yes
42%
No
58%
By Sedge
Sainsbury's apologises for worker who refused to serve customer on mobile phone
Sainsbury's has apologised after one of the supermarket chain's checkout assistants refused to serve a shopper who tried to pay for her shopping while using her mobile phone.
Miss Clarke checked with the customer service desk on her way out of the Stadium Way store and was told it was not company

Although the supermarket chain does not ban phone use at the checkout, the member of staff took matters into her own hands, refusing to serve a customer while she was on her mobile.
Jo Clarke, the 26-year-old customer, had reached the front of the queue at Sainsbury's in Crayford, south east London, with her mid-week shop.
She said: “I was standing at the foot of the till waiting to bag my shopping up, yet the lady on the checkout was just staring at me, when I stopped my conversation and said: 'Is everything ok?'
"'She said, 'I will not check your shopping out until you get off your mobile phone.’
"'I ended my call swiftly and said to the lady on the checkout, 'Apologies, I didn't realise that it was Sainsbury's policy that you are unable to use your phone at the checkout', and she said, 'Well you learn something new every day'."
Miss Clarke, a property manager from Crayford, checked with the customer service desk on her way out of the Stadium Way store on June 24, and was told it was not company policy.
The checkout assistant’s stance drew support from some, however.
One person writing on the News Shopper website under the name Virtual-Monster said of the incident: “I think using a mobile phone when you are engaged in an activity involving face to face contact with another person is incredibly rude and offensive.
“Unless it's an emergency put the phone away and try being polite and attentive to the person in front of you.
“Manners cost nothing.”
Another, going by the name Carparkattendant, added: “And good for the checkout assistant. Bad that her employers didn't supported her!”
Miss Clarke said she had been “dumbfounded” by the checkout assistant’s words.
“I don't know what she was playing at,” she said. “I couldn't believe how rude she was.
"When did she have the right to give me a lecture on checkout etiquette?
"I won't be shopping there again, I'll go to Waitrose in Dartford instead."
A Sainsbury's spokesman said: "We have apologised to Ms Clarke and offered her some vouchers. It isn't our policy to not serve customers who are using a mobile phone."
By karl
why not? the till operative is not paid to engage you in conversation, they're they're to run your items through the checkout and to take your money in exchange, they are there to serve you, not the other way around. what makes them so special that they deserve your undivided attention, or that they're in a position to judge whether or not your private call is important enough to refuse you service until you'd finished and focused on them?

fucking jokers :salut:
By danneth
Just Dirk wrote:What Danneth said but he looks like a rapist so what Karl said instead
Admit it you've opened another tab and are still clicking yes as you read this.
By EvoStu
Sedge wrote:In 'Merica they bag it for you? :sad: I had to pay a Girl Guide on Saturday :lol:

F**king love grumpy cat!
Yup they certainly do and they wear badges saying "please do not tip" true story. :lol:
By karl
seriously not understanding why it's ignorant to continue a conversation with someone on a mobile whilst the till operative, with whom you're not engaged in conversation, who you don't know and will probably never see again, gets on with the job they're paid to do :scratch:
By CrouchyM
"We have apologised to Ms Clarke and offered her some vouchers"

Haha wow. I'm sure she's ecstatic.
By deus3x
Im sorry but this is Bull$$$$.

The dump f8k who scans the bags is there to scan the bags and not to engage with me. I would had the manager over and a full explanation.

We live in a world where people havent got time to chat s***.
By Just Dirk
deus3x wrote:Im sorry but this is Bull$$$$.

The dump f8k who scans the bags is there to scan the bags and not to engage with me. I would had the manager over and a full explanation.

or spel propar
By Stevo07
Just Dirk wrote:
deus3x wrote:Im sorry but this is Bull$$$$.

or spel propar
bet the dump checkout assisstant cant speel eyether.
By algreene
karl wrote:why not? the till operative is not paid to engage you in conversation, they're they're to run your items through the checkout and to take your money in exchange, they are there to serve you, not the other way around. what makes them so special that they deserve your undivided attention, or that they're in a position to judge whether or not your private call is important enough to refuse you service until you'd finished and focused on them?

Flipping jokers :salut:
No Flipping chance. If you are too rude to engage the person trying to serve you then flip off. Iv refused to serve people in my shops who are talking on the phone.. My shop, my rules!
By algreene
Sedge wrote:In 'Merica they bag it for you? :sad: I had to pay a Girl Guide on Saturday :lol:

F**king love grumpy cat!

Pay a girl guide to do what? :shock:
By karl
algreene wrote:
karl wrote:why not? the till operative is not paid to engage you in conversation, they're they're to run your items through the checkout and to take your money in exchange, they are there to serve you, not the other way around. what makes them so special that they deserve your undivided attention, or that they're in a position to judge whether or not your private call is important enough to refuse you service until you'd finished and focused on them?

No Flipping chance. If you are too rude to engage the person trying to serve you then flip off. Iv refused to serve people in my shops who are talking on the phone.. My shop, my rules!
I'd take my business elsewhere and refuse to shop there then, your loss, not mine, I'm not having someone who wants my business telling me how to conduct my personal affairs, I'm there to purchase something, not exchange niceties :salut:
By dutch
I hate it when charities want to bag stuff for you, they always have a bucket for change, which i never have because who brings cash shopping, no one thats who silly kunts. then they give you the you're a tight kunt look and you feel you have to explain yourself to the spotty kunt. Kunts.
By algreene
karl wrote:
algreene wrote:

I'd take my business elsewhere and refuse to shop there then, your loss, not mine, I'm not having someone who wants my business telling me how to conduct my personal affairs, I'm there to purchase something, not exchange niceties :salut:
Fine by me. You don't seem to understand the issues though. Serving someone for example at Subway, they arent listening to you asking what they want, they dont answer properly and 90% of the time when you finish they say they wanted something else on as they weren't concentrating. It's extremely rude and if you don't see that then god help you..

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]