The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

which group are you?

Elite
21%
Established Middle Class
27%
Technical Middle Class
22%
New Affluent Workers
13%
Emergent Service Workers
8%
Traditional Working Class
8%
Precariat
2%
By Superman001
EvoStu wrote:
Superman001 wrote:
karl wrote:Elite represent 6% of the country, so no surprise that 25% of CTRO represent it on this survey :salut:

also good call on the number of established middle classers, that means the majority of CTRO & their partners earn £50k+ each, have a house worth £250k-£500k and savings of £50k+ in the bank. standard.
Don't see how that many people on here fit the Established middle class bracket as this is a type r owners forum not a Nissan GTR owners forum :lol:

If me and my partner erned 50k each and had a house worth 250-500k plus savings of 50k I would not be driving an EP3 thats for sure.
I know someone who earns in excess of £200K on his own (his wife doesn't work) and he drives a 52 plate Focus and he's happy with that.

Swings and roundabouts. He views cars in a completely different way to others.

Can't pigeon hole people. :salut:

Thats true, to be honest even if earned 300k a year I would probably own a Nissan GTR.
By karl
still lol'ing at the CTRO Elite percentile
By EvoStu
karl wrote:still lol'ing at the CTRO Elite percentile
Did you expect anything less? :thumbup: :lol:
By Mart
Only 20%.. I feel there are a number of people yet to see this poll to bring that up to a much more believable %
By smartie
Earn 74k a year before tax, have a 500k+ house and at least 10k savings, so long as you associate with most of those people and do most of those activities gives you elite, not THAT far fetched. :lol:
By EvoStu
smartie wrote:Earn 74k a year before tax, have a 500k+ house and at least 10k savings, so long as you associate with most of those people and do most of those activities gives you elite, not THAT far fetched. :lol:
I was to say something similar. I was reading a website about this yesterday, I'll see if I can find it again. The criteria is a lot lower than people think.

You don't even need a £500K house to qualify for it.
By kingofdbrits
EvoStu wrote:
smartie wrote:Earn 74k a year before tax, have a 500k+ house and at least 10k savings, so long as you associate with most of those people and do most of those activities gives you elite, not THAT far fetched. :lol:
I was to say something similar. I was reading a website about this yesterday, I'll see if I can find it again. The criteria is a lot lower than people think.

You don't need much to be classed as elite, my house is 250-500 braket and i have little savings after moving house recently, socalise with teachers and software geeks and i'm classed as elite just because we have a good combined salary. Just tick the lower salary box and i'm not elite, so last year i'd be working class. I wouldn't read too much into this survey.
By EvoStu
kingofdbrits wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

You don't need much to be classed as elite, my house is 250-500 braket and i have little savings after moving house recently, socalise with teachers and software geeks and i'm classed as elite just because we have a good combined salary. Just tick the lower salary box and i'm not elite, so last year i'd be working class. I wouldn't read too much into this survey.
Surveys are tosh mostly. People lie on them to look good, its like those TNS surveys who call you up. Nosey baskets!
By Omni
Like IQ tests, the forum is always in the top 1 percentile then too

Or maybe we are all just that good :lol:
By karl
if it is all true, we should start a business together :salut:
By karl
so the 6% are all on CTRO lol, who'd have thunk it :rotflmao:
By Omni
The mockery seems to have brought on a sudden bout of modesty with the elites falling back to 20%

I think some folk are just playing it down
By MattRST
Technical middle class whatever that is, no tick box for Evo x which might have dropped me into wannabe chav :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]