The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

EU in or out?

In
25%
Out
42%
Shake it all about
25%
Don't know
No votes
0%
What is the eu?
8%
By Liam Type-R
We dont vote on the uk politics here. Just wondered what the general thoughts are on..

Ukip and nigel farage..

The eu and the reforendum that has been promised on it?

I have liked some of the rants nigel farage has had over the eu yet is laughed at and called a fruit cake, but actually speaks a bit of sense and has an opinion which differs to everyone else who seem to just follow suit.

EU in or out?
Last edited by Liam Type-R on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Liam Type-R
David Cameron is pushing for Turkey to join the eu as well,lol, is this even being thought through? 6 contributing to the 21 taking from it. Then it is being pushed for a country with 60 odd million people who dont even have proper human rights set up,are islamic and not economically stable? :scratch:

The UK is paying for the immigration door to be opened,have jobs taken and benefits claimed?

I don't get it, Is it soley about power?
By Liam Type-R
Hopefully spain don't 'go down' next, their bail out would be big.

The only up side i see is the trading with in the eu, but the uk was fine before it?

People coming in can claim benefits from day one, as long as they say they are self emplyed and looking for work?

There doesn't seem to be any intention to change these laws before more countries are let in?

France have already said they didn't want turkey in as they are not at all ready.

Is it not some thing like £50m a day britain is paying to the eu wallet?
By jymmm
i don't see why we need a 'federal' eu state.

taxation without representation ftl

bureaucracy ftl

what exactly are the benefits
By Liam Type-R
David cameron would sh-t himself if ukip won the general election, would like to see it , just to see what happens.

He has already passed them off as fruit cakes and closet racists on tv to dull their chances of winning because they want out of the eu.
By T180985
Liam Type-R wrote:David cameron would sh-t himself if ukip won the general election, would like to see it , just to see what happens.

He has already passed them off as fruit cakes and closet racists on tv to dull their chances of winning because they want out of the eu.
he is pretty much bang on right about UKIP then :lol:

i think leaving the EU completely would be a major mistake and you would have to seriously question how our economy would handle leaving.... a large federalised euro one side with the USA on the other side and a tiny insignicant island in the middle with little power to inflence either over trade arrangements

We need to stay in the EU and try and fix it from the inside [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

but then what do i know :lol:
By Liam Type-R
Just struggling to see how the pros out weigh the cons atm.

It will only take spain to need a bail out and it could go tits up as they would be asking the 6 contributors to pay up, and it wouldn't be cheap.
By T180985
Liam Type-R wrote:Just struggling to see how the pros out weigh the cons atm.

It will only take spain to need a bail out and it could go tits up as they would be asking the 6 contributors to pay up, and it wouldn't be cheap.
and you think we would get away with doing/paying nothing when our biggest trading partner (EU) is going under? one way or another we will be affected, its not as black and white as the red tops would have people believe
By jymmm
T180985 wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:David cameron would sh-t himself if ukip won the general election, would like to see it , just to see what happens.

i think leaving the EU completely would be a major mistake and you would have to seriously question how our economy would handle leaving.... a large federalised euro one side with the USA on the other side and a tiny insignicant island in the middle with little power to inflence either over trade arrangements

We need to stay in the EU and try and fix it from the inside [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

so for that we need a full on federalised euro zone ?

whats wrong with trade agreements etc ?

are you happy to have taxation without direct representation at a European level?

bad enough as it is at the 'london' level
By T180985
jymmm wrote:
T180985 wrote:

so for that we need a full on federalised euro zone ?

whats wrong with trade agreements etc ?

are you happy to have taxation without direct representation at a European level?

bad enough as it is at the 'london' level
no i don't agree with that but what i was saying is being outside of the EU (voting to leave rather than renegotiate our terms and staying) means we have no control over anything.

Other than retaining complete control of everything what other benefits would leaving our biggest trading partner bring :scratch: people love to blame the politicians in london but i dont think they have done a too bad job from my perspective anyway... people complaining the most seem to be the ones reliant on handouts & the Public sector

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]