The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Would you stay here?

Yes
50%
No
17%
Maybe
33%
By Cat
So I know the majority of CTROers would holiday in a 5* resort in some amazing country etc etc.

However if you were to go to the Highlands of Scotland for a holiday would you consider glamping?
Something like this? http://www.nytimber.co.uk/MegaPodBrochure.pdf

A camping pod with electricity, loo, hot water etc that had a view like this for say £40/night for 2.

By mjhamilton
Did some glamping in July with my daughter and some friends... At my age this is the closest I would ever get to sleeping outside in a tent

... It did all get a bit much when the middle class hippies started singing American pie around the campfire
By Sedge
Looking at that the only thing that puts me off is the bed size. Just a little too small (narrow). Other than that they look ok.
By bornlucky1
I wouldnt sleep where that pictures been taken, or the ragworms would get me, however these pod things are quite common in the lakes now, and i know theres a a campsite in fort william that has them too.
By J
Needs a shower/wetroom (which could be provided by making the kitchen and dining area smaller) and it needs some way of cooking even if it is just one ring. Is there any form of heating.

It would be a long way for me to go but I could be tempted as long as there was heating.
By Sedge
Cat wrote:Interesting ... so family sized or just couple sized?

I'm seriously thinking of investing in this!
Couple sized becuase there is the optional sofa bed for a child.

I also see they are using a plannig loophole to build the units on a chassis to claim it's a caravan although I thought the wheels had to remain attached :???:
The text notes a full size fridge is included, but the small plan notes a 458 fridge; this isn't a normal width. Normally the fridge would be just shy of 600 mm to fit into a standard bay.

Other than that it's a decent unit albeit without a shower, you might be able to convert the small loo to a mini wet room (like a caravan). This would mean the need a larger water heater under the sink though.
J wrote:Is there any form of heating?
This.
By Cat
J wrote:Needs a shower/wetroom (which could be provided by making the kitchen and dining area smaller) and it needs some way of cooking even if it is just one ring. Is there any form of heating.
Can be underfloor heating or just an electric wall heater.

Found some other manufacturers that do the works, wet room, underfloor heating, kitchen area etc.
smartie wrote:As an investment......haven't you missed the boat? Been around a while now.
As an investment on some land that's just sitting around doing nothing.

Planning might be a pita right enough! :roll:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]