The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

What do you won, Ep3 or FN2

FN2 civic type R
34%
EP3 civic type R
66%
By EvoStu
Omni wrote:EK9 TRU TYPE R
Said it right.

0-60 in 5.7 secs......downhill.......with a tail wind.....off a cliff......with a tea spoon of fuel......and midget driving.
By yella
EvoStu wrote:Got an FN2, but its not my daily driver. Wouldn't ever go back to an EP3 though, it really does feel as old as it is.

Sorry EP3 drivers.

i drive an Ep3 and i would agree with that.

Clocked up 15k in mine since January and i have to say its really not an amazing daily driver......however saying that, its amazing how fast you get used to it.

All i remember once i sold the 130i and picked the ep3 up, i got home and i could of cried, the noise, the lack of oomph, no toys..... but you do get used to it.

But i imagine the FN2 is a lot better, and to be honest if i had an FN2 i would be straight up to ABP for the Bilstein coilovers, i imagine that sorts the ride out quite a bit.
By Cockpiss Analfist
yella wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Got an FN2, but its not my daily driver. Wouldn't ever go back to an EP3 though, it really does feel as old as it is.

Sorry EP3 drivers.

i drive an Ep3 and i would agree with that.

Clocked up 15k in mine since January and i have to say its really not an amazing daily driver......however saying that, its amazing how fast you get used to it.

All i remember once i sold the 130i and picked the ep3 up, i got home and i could of cried, the noise, the lack of oomph, no toys..... but you do get used to it.

But i imagine the FN2 is a lot better, and to be honest if i had an FN2 i would be straight up to ABP for the Bilstein coilovers, i imagine that sorts the ride out quite a bit.

Could have
By Omni
EvoStu wrote:
Said it right.

0-60 in 5.7 secs......downhill.......with a tail wind.....off a cliff......with a tea spoon of fuel......and midget driving.
5.7 is the magic number
By mjhamilton
Omni wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Said it right.

5.7 is the magic number
Dude you're rounding up.. 5.97893471637 is the number you a referring to
By Just Dirk
EthosP3 here :salut:

Srs statment is srs:

Yes the fn2 is newer and more refined but it is not enough of a leap in performance or handling to warrant being an upgrade, Honda failed for sure? As sensible car lovers guys you must agree? It really needed 220 horses as standard imo.. I do like them though :bigthumb:
By Cockpiss Analfist
Dirk Diggler wrote:EthosP3 here :salut:

Srs statment is srs:

Yes the fn2 is newer and more refined but it is not enough of a leap in performance or handling to warrant being an upgrade, Honda failed for sure? As sensible car lovers guys you must agree? It really needed 220 horses as standard imo.. I do like them though :bigthumb:

I agree. 220 standard would of been nice
By J
I drive a Honda with a red badge. Really want a new car but money is being spent on other things.

It starts stops and goes round bends, it drinks petrol like an alcoholic but it's been the best car I have ever had.

I don't know if I would buy another Ep3 or fn2 but I do like Honda.
By devil84
Stevo M81 wrote:
Omni wrote:No but I've heard they're a pretty sturdy ride!

Not likely ill be buying one any time soon anyway, are they much worse than the EP3?
Better than the EP3 :-D
Ditto but that's maybe because I have wavetrac LSD, coilovers and a bbk. Handles like its on rails. Remember wider track also, 225 vs 205 tyres. :shouldbeinteresting:
By N77
FN2 after a break from the 2 EP3 Type R's I had previously.

The FN2 is a lot better day to day but I would still have an EP3 as well if I could, and have it as a track day car or something like that.
By GMballistic
Own an EP3 currently but I'd have either one tbh aslong as it's still a genuine Honda.

Not the fastest but the most reliable car I've ever owned. :wink: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Flying start
Fn2 for me only had it a month or so but when I seen the shape of them I wanted one
So finally got the money together found the right one through work and payed trade price £6000 well cuffed with it..!
By Just Dirk
Flying start wrote:Fn2 for me only had it a month or so but when I seen the shape of them I wanted one
So finally got the money together found the right one through work and payed trade price £6000 well cuffed with it..!
If your cuffed that's what counts [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By dbwinter
N77 wrote:
The FN2 is a lot better day to day but I would still have an EP3 as well if I could, and have it as a track day car or something like that.
Indeed.

Whilst the EP3 is very nice and was far more striking in its day, the FN2 is a better car overall. For one it has better steering feel and is a better equipped package with similar performance. The only issue was that other manufacturers went from hot hatch to hyper hatch in the Civic size class, so appears slow.

The CW FN2 is better than any standard EP3 and is the UKDM one to have.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]