The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

What do you won, Ep3 or FN2

FN2 civic type R
34%
EP3 civic type R
66%
By yella
As of late the amount of FN2 posts and threads seems to be going up at a mental pace, so would like to know what percentage of users own each type. I suspect EP3 will still be the highest proportion but i doubt the FN2's are far behind as the Ep3's are hitting throw away money now.

Honest answers on what you own today ( Nov 2012) and no stupid "My MPS owns both types". This is for models sold in UK, so no Ek9's, no Jazzes with Type R engines and no insights. Just Ep3 and FN2 type R's
Last edited by yella on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By yella
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:I got the slower type R

sorry mate, no integras allowed on this thread
By Stevo M81
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:I got the slower type R
:lol: sell it then and get the fast one
By Stevo M81
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
Omni wrote:I don't own either but voted FN2 because if I bought another Type R that's what I'd have.

Lol, you driven one? down a moderately bumpy road? Without painkillers?
You really are hating ur car these days matey, defo time for a change for you me thinks :wink:
Last edited by Stevo M81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Stevo M81
Omni wrote:No but I've heard they're a pretty sturdy ride!

Not likely ill be buying one any time soon anyway, are they much worse than the EP3?
Better than the EP3 :-D
By *nub*
havent checked recently but the members car section used to be 9/10 EP3s although I remember stu says they sold really well, what does that tell you? :thumbup:
By Cockpiss Analfist
Stevo M81 wrote:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
Omni wrote:I don't own either but voted FN2 because if I bought another Type R that's what I'd have.

Lol, you driven one? down a moderately bumpy road? Without painkillers?
You really are hating ur car these days matey, defo time for a change for you me thinks :wink:
I love it tbh mate, dirven it hard and it hasnt missed a beat. I've only had to replace thee drop links a few times. ( which whilst a minor annoyance is hardly terrible)

I do think the suspension is lolworthy though. And the third gear issue was moderately annoying for the first two weeks until i mastered the trick of getting it into gear seamlessly.
By Cockpiss Analfist
Omni wrote:No but I've heard they're a pretty sturdy ride!

Not likely ill be buying one any time soon anyway, are they much worse than the EP3?

I've not driven an Ep3 so i cant comment. I cant imagine it being too different though. I dont notice the rear suspension. the front is hard enough.
By Omni
One thing I definitely don't miss about the EP3 is bracing for impact every time you spot a speed hump or pot hole or dropped coin in the road.

I've heard the FN2 is worse, but only ever sat in one, never been out or driven one.

I like the space ship dashboard though.
By EvoStu
Got an FN2, but its not my daily driver. Wouldn't ever go back to an EP3 though, it really does feel as old as it is.

Sorry EP3 drivers.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]