The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

What do you won, Ep3 or FN2

FN2 civic type R
34%
EP3 civic type R
66%
By EvoStu
RSFN2GT wrote:It still has EPS though :YMCA:
And? So does the Megane RS250, VXR, Clio RS, Golf GTI and even the new 911.

Don't see many complaining about the "feel" on those do you? Hydraulic is dead mate, even the current M3 and M5 are the last BMW's to use it.
By Stevo M81
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
Cockpiss Analfist wrote:
Omni wrote:I don't own either but voted FN2 because if I bought another Type R that's what I'd have.

Lol, you driven one? down a moderately bumpy road? Without painkillers?
You really are hating ur car these days matey, defo time for a change for you me thinks :wink:
I love it tbh mate, dirven it hard and it hasnt missed a beat. I've only had to replace thee drop links a few times. ( which whilst a minor annoyance is hardly terrible)

I do think the suspension is lolworthy though. And the third gear issue was moderately annoying for the first two weeks until i mastered the trick of getting it into gear seamlessly.
Its funny you mention drop links as i need mine replaced, started getting a knocking noise at low speed and found out this is the issue. Not to bad as there only £42 each and the problem mite have been alot worst
By Liam Type-R
I like the, if i HAD to have one option. Due to it having newer styling and toys.

Not too many ep3's over here, so not so bad, value is up a bit compared to the uk, no chavs have them either, they are still in saxos except me. :cool:
By motty
Omni wrote:I don't own either but voted FN2 because if I bought another Type R that's what I'd have.
Also done this
By RSFN2GT
EvoStu wrote:

Don't see many complaining about the "feel" on those do you? Hydraulic is dead mate, even the current M3 and M5 are the last BMW's to use it.
Fair comment.

I remember the EPS in the EP3 being really vague, now I think about it (and having not driven an FN2 in some time) I do remember thinking the FN2 seemed more 'precise'.
By mjhamilton
Had my EP3 since 2009 and still really like it... Coming up on 34k miles now and apart from services, mots, tax, tyres and fuel has cost me nothing
By Liam Type-R
mjhamilton wrote:Had my EP3 since 2009 and still really like it... Coming up on 34k miles now and apart from services, mots, tax, tyres and fuel has cost me nothing

Get it insured you chav.
By Liam Type-R
RSFN2GT wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Fair comment.

I remember the EPS in the EP3 being really vague, now I think about it (and having not driven an FN2 in some time) I do remember thinking the FN2 seemed more 'precise'.

:ymca:
By mjhamilton
Liam Type-R wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Had my EP3 since 2009 and still really like it... Coming up on 34k miles now and apart from services, mots, tax, tyres and fuel has cost me nothing

Get it insured you chav.
That part is actually the cheapest bit... Forgot all about it :lol::lol:
By EvoStu
RSFN2GT wrote:
EvoStu wrote:

Fair comment.

Its a lot more precise than the EP3 (which is frankly rubbish in the steering department). To be honest the suspension setup helps a lot and the chassis being stiffer.

But yeah there won't be anymore hydraulic setups anymore soon due to emissions and cost.
By Stevo M81
Newannaive wrote:2 x FN2's

A lightweight one and a jdm.
A JDM one, really now :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]