The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Should CTRO remove the swear and chav-speak filters?

Fuck yes!
59%
Heavens no!
31%
Won't somebody think of teh childerens?
10%
By dandemoraliser
Stevo07 wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:still waiting for inspiration...........

Whinging about it and not providing :roll:
You've been given plenty, ie leave the non offence profanity like piss, fag, etc as it is. Or are you being deliberately obtuse?

It's like a fucking crèche in here now, I mean piss and pissed are offensive?? GTF. Ridiculous!
nope not being obtuse, people initially wanted funny swear filter censorship, i'm just requesting people give us their amusing take on it.

You may not be offended, but then no doubt you don't like some things that others do? It's called diversity, and it makes us all different.
By Stevo07
I've been on this forum for a few years and only suddenly have certain words became 'offensive'. Have you suddenly diversified yourself into an easily offended do gooder or something?
By Just Dirk
Cúnt - Fur burger

I think they should be bold at least to show they are changed... Should check out broville for epic swear filtering..
By Jules
Here is our swear filter, feel free to replicate (some removed to protect what must be protected)

By dandemoraliser
Stevo07 wrote:I've been on this forum for a few years and only suddenly have certain words became 'offensive'. Have you suddenly diversified yourself into an easily offended do gooder or something?
This isn't some kind of individual crusade my misguided friend, i'm just the only member of site staff here responding to everyone! :thumbup:
By Jules
Well that would be telling wouldn't it

Two tips for you about information

1. Never give out all of your information
By Stevo07
dandemoraliser wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:I've been on this forum for a few years and only suddenly have certain words became 'offensive'. Have mod/adminfags suddenly diversified yourselves into a easily offended do gooders or something?
This isn't some kind of individual crusade my misguided friend, i'm just the only member of site staff here responding to everyone! :thumbup:
Ok, fixed.
By Just Dirk
Jules wrote:Well that would be telling wouldn't it

Two tips for you about information

1. Never give out all of your information
:brolike:
By karl
dandemoraliser wrote:still waiting for inspiration...........

Whinging about it and not providing :roll:
karl wrote:just fucking remove the retarded fucking thing you mongs, we're all adults for fucks sake
Jules wrote:How about

pissed = pissed
fags = fags

:think:
Gravy wrote:I am advocating a yes vote for many reasons, viz;.

Cat wrote:Certain words are in the filter when there's no need imo.

P|ssed being one of them.
there's a few suggestions and clues
By Cat
dandemoraliser wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:I've been on this forum for a few years and only suddenly have certain words became 'offensive'. Have you suddenly diversified yourself into an easily offended do gooder or something?
I'm responding!

Although perhaps not in the way I'm meant to be. :lol:

I'm going to be p|ssed off if p|ssed isn't changed to p|ssed. :twisted:
By karl
I can understand "fuck" & "cunt" being in there, but can someone explain in logical terms, without using human rights or diversity bollocks, what "piss" & "pissed" are doing in there?

also, how many complaints have been received about naughty language in the past ten years?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]