The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Should CTRO remove the swear and chav-speak filters?

Fuck yes!
59%
Heavens no!
31%
Won't somebody think of teh childerens?
10%
By Gravy
A perennial favourite of mine [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

7-day poll.
You may change your vote if you so wish.

I am advocating a yes vote for many reasons, viz;
  • It suppresses creativity and freedom of expression.
  • It is largely circumvented with abbreviations and bits of code
  • ... by members and moderators alike.
  • Is anyone honestly offended by 'bad' language?
  • Even if there were impressionable youngsters on here, they would be seeing and hearing just as 'bad' elsewhere.
  • I welcome being educated about the way our usage of language evolves.
In closing, I think that on the whole, CTRO does not need such automatic moderation.
I believe that we share a mischievous but good natured sense of humour.
If someone does behave badly, their behaviour is usually condemned swiftly and with epic pwnage by ordinary members as well as moderators.

I'm Morgan Freeman ... thanks for listening.
By Omni
It was ok until recently, now it's way too over zealous and unfunny, replacing pissed with pissed, srsly?!
By Jules
Yeah just bring back certain words; pissed being urinated is fucking stupid
By kingofdbrits
It should be altered a bit, words like shit and twat are ok, but i think fuck and cunt shouldn't be allowed.
By dandemoraliser
all noted, however we cannot advocate certain things/words.

Yes, don't want to be seen to be one rule for one word and another for another, however all sign up to abide by this statement.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, illegal, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
So yes there can be a stance set however it will obviously not please everyone.

We will see what come of it. :shouldbeinteresting:
By Omni
Post any material which is knowingly false - lulz

This forum is full of stories about things which never happened, do we have a bullshit filter developed yet?
By dandemoraliser
Omni wrote:Post any material which is knowingly false - lulz

This forum is full of stories about things which never happened, do we have a a load of wotsit filter developed yet?
Exactly, forums speak the truth. standard.
By Liam Type-R
Or change them to something funny atleast, meaning dont let superbully touch it.
By dandemoraliser
Liam Type-R wrote:Or change them to something funny atleast, meaning dont let superbully touch it.
noted and awaiting suggestions.
By Jules
dandemoraliser wrote:all noted, however we cannot advocate certain things/words.

Yes, don't want to be seen to be one rule for one word and another for another, however all sign up to abide by this statement.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, illegal, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

That from civinfo?
By J
dandemoraliser wrote:all noted, however we cannot advocate certain things/words.

That's 90% of the members posts. :lol: .........actually that's 95% of my posts :-|

Filter is bolox btw.
By Omni
Because pissed is one you use quite often? :wink:

I think all of the 'mum rated' swear words should be left alone

Piss
Shit
Twat
Bugger
Bloody
Wanker
By Cat
Omni wrote:Because p|ssed is one you use quite often? :wink:
Cheeky! :lol:

I'm really pissed just doesn't sit well with me.

Plus I don't seem to be able to circumnavigate the swear filter with the bold text or anything for some reason. Not that I would advocate such a thing, no, no!!!
By Gravy
dandemoraliser wrote:
Oh, come on now ffs ... without all that CTRO would die from lack of humour

let's just be adult about this ... if something offends you, say so.
It's not like people here are shy about expressing their opinions.

Violations of the law are one thing, but the rest of it can FOAD

CTRO is our community.
Without us, it would not exist.

We, teh people ought to have voting rights on CTRO policy. :salut:
By dandemoraliser
Jules wrote:

That from civinfo?
nope, our rules. Thanks for reading. :thumbup:
By dandemoraliser
Gravy wrote:
dandemoraliser wrote:
Oh, come on now ffs ... without all that CTRO would die from lack of humour

let's just be adult about this ... if something offends you, say so.
It's not like people here are shy about expressing their opinions.

Violations of the law are one thing, but the rest of it can FOAD

CTRO is our community.
Without us, it would not exist.

We, teh people ought to have voting rights on CTRO policy. :salut:
Totally agree and as site staff we have to make a decision whether it crosses a moral line, as Jules has said, if it was from and implemented a la civinfo this place would be very quiet.

However we still have to state the obvious even if the line is drawn by site staff some way from it. :bigthumb:
By karl

right, so is that taken from some kind of stone tablet, handed down to Stu from Jon c, hand carved by Soichiro Honda himself on the anvil of Type R ethos itself, and not just a line of text on a fucking forum sign up?

next you'll be telling us you can't compare standard against modified...no, wait..
By Gravy
dandemoraliser wrote: Totally agree and as site staff we have to make a decision whether it crosses a moral line, as Jules has said, if it was from and implemented a la civinfo this place would be very quiet.

However we still have to state the obvious even if the line is drawn by site staff some way from it. :bigthumb:
We don't need your lines, maaan!
We wanna be free!
We wanna be free to do what we wanna do.
We wanna be free to ride.
We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!
... And we wanna get loaded.
And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are going do. We are going have a good time... We are going have a party.

This is not a debate about moderators, it is about the automated filters which the majority of us DNW
Seriously, the filters protect nobody.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]