The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

So, tomorrow, as people start taking delivery, what do you think the new iPhonegate will be

Problem with the new Sim cards
3%
Problem with the new Dock Connector
20%
Signal issues
No votes
0%
Battery life
10%
Screen problems
10%
I'm an androidfag and just hate Apple
10%
I think it will work spot on straight out of the box
47%
By Omni
It's only a 'gate' scandal if it makes national news, the number of iPhones they sell its a wonder one of them doesn't turn into a unicorn, never mind have an isolated screen issue
By EvoStu
GenuineSince89 wrote:What a frickin guess. I predicted screen problems - et voila

Do I get a prize?
Apparently the screens are made by 3 different companies this time round, and the better ones are made by sharp. Unfortunately they fell behind with their production so the other 2 manufacturers have stepped up.

Bad news if the screens are already having issues.
By GenuineSince89
Pile of crepe really. It was like that for a minute until I prompted some screen action and then it went.

Pretty embarrassing. Who are the other 2 capable companies that apple called upon?
By EvoStu
GenuineSince89 wrote:Pile of crepe really. It was like that for a minute until I prompted some screen action and then it went.

Pretty embarrassing. Who are the other 2 capable companies that apple called upon?
From what I've read its two generic chinese manufacturers. The parts on the breakdown from ifixit are mostly generic off the shelf bits. The antenna for instance is identical to the high end HTC phones, and there are some shared components with other brands as well.

It's just the aluminum shell that gives the impression of quality.
By FireBIade2
I had a duff screen on my first 4s, replaced it within a few days though so all good.
By GenuineSince89
EvoStu wrote:
From what I've read its two generic chinese manufacturers. The parts on the breakdown from ifixit are mostly generic off the shelf bits. The antenna for instance is identical to the high end HTC phones, and there are some shared components with other brands as well.

It's just the aluminum shell that gives the impression of quality.
Figures... That's one of the things that made me choose the iPhone. Didn't want the one x as I have the desire and it felt too samey. Didn't want the galaxy s3 as I don't like it and it feels so flimsy.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]