The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

So, tomorrow, as people start taking delivery, what do you think the new iPhonegate will be

Problem with the new Sim cards
3%
Problem with the new Dock Connector
20%
Signal issues
No votes
0%
Battery life
10%
Screen problems
10%
I'm an androidfag and just hate Apple
10%
I think it will work spot on straight out of the box
47%
By Omni
There is always something that is reported to be the downfall of the new iPhone, a major design flaw like antannaegate or batterygate which threatens to bring the product crashing down, but turns out to be a massive storm in a tea cup.
By Welshy81
I've read that the metal band which goes around the outside of the phone scuffs and chips easily on the black iPhone revealing the bare metal underneath. How they have come to this conclusion before the phone is even out yet is beyond me.
By brucelee11271940
The new sh-t connector thing. I have atleast 6 places where I need to put my iPhone in, so what happens buy 6 adapters at £20 each? Not really read in to it but sounds like a headache
By brucelee11271940
Omni wrote:Or...just buy one connector for the phone and use it in all 6 places

I should be on money saving expert or something
Thats awkward, keep it on the bottom of my iPhone everywhere I go, thus making it bigger and more awkward in the pocket, or carry it with me where ever I go? Its just stupid.
By Omni
Yeah, if you're struggling with the logistics of such an operation, probably best to just buy 6.

Who the hell has 6 different places they have to charge from though?

I mean, I know its CTRO and most of us have 3-4 houses minimum but srsly?
By brucelee11271940
Omni wrote:Yeah, if you're struggling with the logistics of such an operation, probably best to just buy 6.

Who the hell has 6 different places they have to charge from though?

I mean, I know its CTRO and most of us have 3-4 houses minimum but srsly?
Charger in my room for when I'm upstairs in bed, one downstairs when I'm downstairs. Need one for my iPod stereo system in my room and in the garage where my gym is.A connector cable which goes from my TV to my iPhone so I can watch things like Netflix and view it from my TV. One for when I'm at work, and one for when I'm driving which works with the music and charging.

I don't think the above is anything strange??
By karl
I don't know how I survive with just a single power cable, maybe I'm missing something though?
By Sacrificial Pawn
Welshy81 wrote:I've read that the metal band which goes around the outside of the phone scuffs and chips easily on the black iPhone revealing the bare metal underneath. How they have come to this conclusion before the phone is even out yet is beyond me.
It's titanium carbide IIRC. Nixon use it on their all black watches and it's super hard wearing. Not a scratch on mine after sea, sand, biking etc.
By mjhamilton
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
Welshy81 wrote:I've read that the metal band which goes around the outside of the phone scuffs and chips easily on the black iPhone revealing the bare metal underneath. How they have come to this conclusion before the phone is even out yet is beyond me.
It's titanium carbide IIRC. Nixon use it on their all black watches and it's super hard wearing. Not a scratch on mine after sea, sand, biking etc.
I've read that it is made from the super hard bones of old Chinese woman with a cvd coating
By Welshy81
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
Looking at the mac rumours forum there are people who have had their new iPhones and when looking closer at the black metal band there are scratches/imperfections which are revealing bare metal underneath. This looks partly down to the manufacturing process but there no way you should be having this issue with a phone that costs £529 minimum. You have to question how durable it will be if this is a widespread problem.
By EvoStu
Welshy81 wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
Looking at the mac rumours forum there are people who have had their new iPhones and when looking closer at the black metal band there are scratches/imperfections which are revealing bare metal underneath. This looks partly down to the manufacturing process but there no way you should be having this issue with a phone that costs £529 minimum. You have to question how durable it will be if this is a widespread problem.
I wonder how many will go back to their 4S?
By mjhamilton
EvoStu wrote:
Welshy81 wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
None.. At a guess

..... Faults on Apple product are never acknowledged as they do not exist
By EvoStu
mjhamilton wrote:
EvoStu wrote:
Welshy81 wrote:
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:
None.. At a guess

..... Faults on Apple product are never acknowledged as they do not exist
Ahhhh yes I forgot about this. I've heard anyone reporting disappointment online are hunted down by the Apple goon squad and are never seen again.
By Welshy81
I know they have probably sold millions and millions of these phones and it may just be a tiny minority that are suffering from this issue but you can see from the uploaded pics that it is bare metal underneath. I would be well pi$$ed if it were me and people are even changing to the white phone as its less obvious. I think they are missing the point, the colour of the phone you want should not be dictated by a manufacturing flaw in the product!

Think I will stick with my iPhone 4 for the time being.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]