The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Do you plan your weekly shop?

Yes, we have a plan and a list of ingredients required.
30%
No, we just grab whatever takes our fancy when we shop.
45%
Inbetween, we shop for a couple of days meals at a time.
20%
I only eat pot noodles and takeaways.
5%
By Cat
This is probably more a thread for couples/families as I know when I was single I just ate whatever happened to be in the house/takeaway.

Do you (or your OH) plan your weekly shop?

By that I mean do you think well on Mon Lasagne, Tue Fish, Wed Curry etc etc so that you then have a list of items to buy rather than just randomly wandering around the supermarket buying whatever.

The reason I ask is that I was just watching The Apprentice and they were getting grilled in interviews. One of the contestants had an online shopping idea (which I didn't think was brilliant) and his interviewer said something like "Who has time to organise themselves to think oh on Mon I'll have that and on Tues I'll have this?"

That's how I generally do my weekly shop ...
So a poll to decide if I'm in the minority in having a reasonably organised weekly shop. Obviously there are times when we can't be bothered and just grab takeaway or eat cheese and biscuits but usually I'll try to plan ahead.

How do you shop?
By Kitty
At the moment no, just buy the essentials for work but when we move into our apartment we will start to.
I think seeing whats on offer every week would probably determine whats for dinner....
By Cat
Interesting that the poll says most just go and grab what they fancy. I might do that if it's a nibbles night with cheese, pate, cold meats and good bread.

Is that pizza and ready meals that you just grab to your fancy?
If I need ingredients for a homecooked meal I need to know what to buy not just randomly pick up whatever.

Plus I hate having to hit the supermarket every couple of days, unless I need some very fresh ingredients.
By Just Dirk
Cat wrote:Interesting that the poll says most just go and grab what they fancy. I might do that if it's a nibbles night with cheese, pate, cold meats and good bread.

Is that pizza and ready meals that you just grab to your fancy?
If I need ingredients for a homecooked meal I need to know what to buy not just randomly pick up whatever.

Plus I hate having to hit the supermarket every couple of days, unless I need some very fresh ingredients.
Fresh wine is very important.. :)
By sn:afu
When I was living in France, we would try and do a bit of planning but mostly it would involve doing the planning when we got there.

Eg 6 pack of chicken breasts would mean 3 nights of chicken dishes.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]