The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Scottish Meet??????

Not my scene...
17%
Maybe......
25%
Get it organised!.......
58%
By Rag_It
:D
The Smiley face should say it all!

I picked it up from the Sloan Honda in Edinburgh on Saturday, lost all enthusiasm as was trying to cope with the worst hangover in the history of my life!!!

However all I can say is that Milano red is the way forward and the Pimp Tints look the business! Got told not to Rag It for a while, but within the first 100 miles I found myself albeit briefly dropping a gear and in the 6000 rpm range. Once it happened the first time then for the rest of the day I seemed lost without it!

All checked out well with the car, my only problem is that the Passenger seat release handle has lost the spring mechanism and no longer works, so people have to use the bottom release handle! Not a great issue, but it was only used that day three times!

Today was amazing, left Edinburgh for Perth and had been on the Motorway for all of about 15 mins and just after Forth Road Bridge a VW Jetta/Golf thing sat up my arse, thought about it and could tell he was eager to give it a shot, raced off thinking wow didnt even leave 6th gear. 2 seconds later he kicked my ass and flew past me. I now know from one of the members on another forum that he knows the car and it had a Nitrous Boost button giving an extra 85bhp!!!!!!! Dont feel quite so bad now!!!

Spent about 3 Hours touring the Local Fife tourist route with the Girlfriend, trust me this was no gentle Sunday drive, my advanced driving lessons were paying off, it held to the road like it was on rails, fantastic day, took some pics of it by St Andrews which may appear in the Gallery!

Other than that was challenged by two scoobies, one Volvo T5 (made sure it was not an unmarked Cop Car) and best of all a Ford Focus brand new ST170, shouldn't have wasted her time :wink:

Took it quite a few times into the 'range' and had to start laughing it was such a surreal experience. Even more surreal is getting used to visiting petrol stations every 230 miles :shock:
Amazing Car, and now even more than anything want to get the whole of the Scottish CTR's together for a big meet before winter arrives, so mail me or set up a meet thread somewhere on the site, and P.M Me.

Sorry to bore you with such a long post but the girlfriend and my flat mate are no longer speaking to me because I am boring them to death with Vtec ranges!!!! Althought both agree it looks the daddys!!

Dave
By Stoo
Glad your enjoying it mate :D

There was a Scottish meet a couple of weeks ago at Star Performance in Fife.
About 7 CTR's were there,good day had by all 8)
By Jon C
I'm glad it's not just me who only gets about 230 miles out of a tank of fuel. :( but performance :D
By Rag_It
Cool good to see that there are 4 people wanting to get something together and that is in just over 12 hours! :lol:

So unless anyone has any major complaints, me being new to the site and all, then would love to start getting a weekend in end of October organised for a meet/run somewhere????????????????

I ended up joining the Scottish elises club through a friend of mine and they really knew how to have a good day/weekend away from it all. A cheap B&B and some amazing routes along the way. After this weekend ragin the car by myself it would be so good to share it with other CTR's and it certainly would be a spectacle, not to mention the noise!

Its a shame I missed the meet at Star performance but hey only got the car on Sat!

Give me some feedback and if you know other Scottish guys then pass this on, the more the better!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
By Liam Type-R
got told not to rag it for a while, within the first 100 miles i was in the 6krpm range. lol

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]