The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Will the plane take off?

Yes (after thinking about it :D) third poll
54%
No (after thinking about it) third poll
30%
i'm going for the mong paradox
4%
i'm just simply a mong and don't understand physics
2%
i'm a mong
4%
mong
5%
By steve83
Just Dirk wrote:
steve83 wrote:The only time I felt that I had better job than a rigger.
I'm sure the fâgs in there used to aspire to the hyd or lox bays!! Squadron clingons ftmfl :lol:
They did indeed.

The Hyd and lox bay looked liked cushy jobs to me, they did sod all
By Mark
eatthis wrote:
Mark wrote:No
why
This
Ali wrote:Assuming they meant the conveyor belt matches the plane's speed, then no as there would be no increase in air speed under the wing and no build up of pressure.

If the speed was measured from the wheels (which still rotate at a speed, regardless of whether driven) then the same would still happen.
By eatthis
Mark wrote:
eatthis wrote:
Mark wrote:No
why
This
Ali wrote:Assuming they meant the conveyor belt matches the plane's speed, then no as there would be no increase in air speed under the wing and no build up of pressure.

If the speed was measured from the wheels (which still rotate at a speed, regardless of whether driven) then the same would still happen.

the question as asked in this thread (is wrong) is a paradox because the only way the belt could MATCH the wheels speed is if the plane never moved in the 1st place :lol:

the proper question is the belt matches the planes speed it just means the wheels spin twice as fast as the planes forward speed.
nothing stops the plane from accelerating and taking off
By karl
he can't grasp the physics and has dug himself into a hole he has no chance of ever getting out off, the only way he can make sense of it is to say the question is broken, and the sad thing is, he'll never understand how stupid he sounds ranting on and on and on and on about how he doesn't understand it all :salut:
By Liam Type-R
Eatshit, the question can be answered the way it is, it doesnt specify that it means the rotation speed of the wheels, so why can't it mean the speed in which the wheels are travelling forward?

Please answer and try to make sense at the same time.
By eatthis
Liam Type-R wrote:Eatshit, the question can be answered the way it is, it doesnt specify that it means the rotation speed of the wheels, so why can't it mean the speed in which the wheels are travelling forward?

iv been clear from my very 1st post if youre too far up karls arse to see straight thats not my problem :thumbup:
By eatthis
karl wrote:he can't grasp the physics and has dug himself into a hole he has no chance of ever getting out off, the only way he can make sense of it is to say the question is broken, and the sad thing is, he'll never understand how stupid he sounds ranting on and on and on and on about how he doesn't understand it all :salut:

you really are a simpleton :lol:
i grasped it straight away unlike you who spent years floundering around doing repeated u turns before you finally stumbled onto a weak but just about servicable point :roflmao:
By Liam Type-R
eatthis wrote:
Liam Type-R wrote:Eatshit, the question can be answered the way it is, it doesnt specify that it means the rotation speed of the wheels, so why can't it mean the speed in which the wheels are travelling forward?

iv been clear from my very 1st post if youre too far up karls arse to see straight thats not my problem :thumbup:
You are either too stupid to see the point i made, or just dont want to admit you are wrong after battling so long for a lost cause? :scratch:

Where am i wrong in my post?I just want to understand. :salut:
By eatthis
Liam Type-R wrote:
eatthis wrote:

You are either too stupid to see the point i made, or just dont want to admit you are wrong after battling so long for a lost cause? :scratch:

Where am i wrong in my post?I just want to understand. :salut:

Please answer and try to make sense at the same time

i have over and over and over again in a very straight forward manner
By Liam Type-R
why wont you point out where my mistake is? or isn't there one, so you keep harping on about how you have kept true to your word, that's great, but your word is wrong unfortunately.
By karl
lol the question is broken, that is the worst excuse for failure yet, he can't even put forth a rational reasoning now and instead just keeps telling us he's already explained it, but the truth is he feels too stupid saying it now that it's obvious fail built on physics from the cartoons he watches :salut:

inb4 some ironic failure to make a funny about intellect
By eatthis
karl wrote:lol the question is broken, that is the worst excuse for failure yet, he can't even put forth a rational reasoning now and instead just keeps telling us he's already explained it, but the truth is he feels too stupid saying it now that it's obvious fail built on physics from the cartoons he watches :salut:

you wouldnt know what the truth was if it jumped up and kicked you in the arse! (same goes for rational reasoning) :wave:
By Liam Type-R
Liam Type-R wrote:Ateshit, the question can be answered the way it is, it doesn't specify that it means the rotation speed of the wheels, so why can't it mean the speed in which the wheels are travelling forward?

Please answer. Does it solve the 'paradox'?
By karl
eatthis wrote:
karl wrote:lol the question is broken, that is the worst excuse for failure yet, he can't even put forth a rational reasoning now and instead just keeps telling us he's already explained it, but the truth is he feels too stupid saying it now that it's obvious fail built on physics from the cartoons he watches :salut:

you wouldnt know what the truth was if it jumped up and kicked you in the arse! (same goes for rational reasoning) :wave:
your rambling about truth makes no sense at all, in any context, and my rational reasoning provides a high standard of living for me and my family. how's yours working out for you? no wait, you bored us with the inner workings of your life already in your cry thread :wave:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]