The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Batman12
This might sound odd but ever since my Oil and Filter were changed the Oil Temperature gauge refuses to go over 91 degrees no matter how the car is driven, how far it is driven or outside Temperatures which wouldn't make any difference anyway it simple gets to 91• and that's it. What I find really strange before the Temperature use to be more varied but these days it hits 91 degrees on every single drive and stays there no movement up or down whatsoever. Does anyone find this odd or noticed yours does the same? I've emailed local garage but not sure what sort of reply I'll get it's a bit of an odd one really!!
By Akula_Type-R
try to runs very fast for some minutes if it is "locked" to 91 maybe the temperature sensor have some problem.
By Batman12
You could be right. Would you mind keeping an eye on yours for next week or so? I'm just curious if yours gets to 91• then stays there no matter how fast or for how long you drive. It never use to be like this only since last Oil and filter change. Before it would reach 80• then vary anything 80-100• but what I find odd is the fact every drive for the past several months it's always been at 91• and doesn't move even after a 3 hour motorway journey, that just doesn't seem right in my eyes.
By Akula_Type-R
I almost always have the display on with the active sensors, and no, I never see it locked to 91 ° for a long time.
Certainly, if you always go with the same speed on the highway, the temperature can not often change.
By Lewisgame
Not sure on the Honda set up. But majority of vehicles have oil quality sensors in the sump which also measures oil temperature. If the ignition is left on during an oil change, it can damage the sensor as they overheat when not submerged in oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]