The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sparkysp
well BHP numbers they been around for a bit now so just wondering who got what out of them

i know phil at dreams has his about 387 bhp with no internal engine work i believe ?
so just wondering whats everyone got ?? anyone cracked the 400 bhp mark

cheers stu ..
By sparkysp
GTR Racer wrote:I heard theres guys in Turkey running 450hp an videos of them doing 300+kmh.
with or without engine internal mods would be nice to get a spec of one of them cars
i would imagine 450 is the absolute top top end
By motty
If the engine is anywhere near as strong as the old type r lump, it will have loads left in reserve for you to squeeze out, people used to more and double the bhp on the ep3 and fn2 without internal work
By GTR Racer
Last I heard when I was speaking to someone about it, these Turks tested out the Tegiwa carbon bonnets with temp drops of 10'c less or something an it was on the said 450hp car, supposedly running water meth too. Internals are stock, think it was still on stock turbo too.
By sparkysp
GTR Racer wrote:Last I heard when I was speaking to someone about it, these Turks tested out the Tegiwa carbon bonnets with temp drops of 10'c less or something an it was on the said 450hp car, supposedly running water meth too. Internals are stock, think it was still on stock turbo too.

wow theirs something to aim for
would be nice to see a spec sheet of said 450bhp just to take the guess work out of it all and know what and what doesn't work

Added in 1 minute 47 seconds:
as far as i know the restrictive parts of the engine are the air box and the turbo down pipe fix these and your cooking with the right numbers
By Tn1115
Phil has gone beyond the 400 bhp mark, since he put on that airtec intercooler, and he's still doing hybrid turbo testing alongside the syvecs stand alone ecu testing. He told me the hybrid turbo plus a proper custom map would see him hit between 460 to 500 bhp. As for the Turks from what I've seen there miles ahead of us here. A few of those guys there are running water methanol injection and a few of them have recommended the aem v2 kit. I saw a video on YouTube of one of the more prominent fk2s in Turkey and it showed the fk2 on a dyno run with a big turbo which achieved roughly 454 bhp and 515 nm of torque. I myself am stuck below the 400 bhp mark on a stage 2 plus setup. With an eventuri intake cobra decat downpipe milltek race exhaust and forge intercooler I managed to map it to 383 bhp and 420 lb ft. Phil told me that it was the forge intercooler holding it back below the 400 mark saying that it works best with stage one setups. Airtec or Wagner tuning to get the best out of stage 2 though.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]