The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By GTR Racer
Had it, tested it, an getting it put back on next week. It is louder for sure, but at 80mph it's pretty fine an hardly that noticeable. For some reason at 70-80 it's a little bit louder than you'd expect compared to the 80. But it's not unbearable. I ran it an tested it for a month an are lass never noticed it haha
By RichE
GTR Racer wrote:Had it, tested it, an getting it put back on next week. It is louder for sure, but at 80mph it's pretty fine an hardly that noticeable. For some reason at 70-80 it's a little bit louder than you'd expect compared to the 80. But it's not unbearable. I ran it an tested it for a month an are lass never noticed it haha
So quite liveable day to day? When you say 70-80 is that in 6th? Hoping it would pass a 98db drive by for trackdays.
By bazza.
I'm after something which sounds good at low speeds but I can still use my handsfree at 100mph and be heard
By TheJtimex
Is this just a replacement for the middle section of the Oem exhaust. Joins on just after the downpipe, rejoins at the front of the muffler section.
By sparkysp
TheJtimex wrote:Is this just a replacement for the middle section of the Oem exhaust. Joins on just after the downpipe, rejoins at the front of the muffler section.
no its the downpipe from the turbo but looking at it there no cat in there so its either youve got to map it out or fit a 90° Lambda Sensor Eliminator Spacer from dreams so you dont get error codes

lets us know how it goes it you fit it

cheers stu...
By TheJtimex
Hi sparky they do a downpipe as well as a middle section. The middle section doesn't involve any problem with sensors. Just a straight bolt on in place of the Oem. Your right about the downpipe. No cat it looks like.
By GTR Racer
The RHD and LHD exhaust systems are different. I do believe Johnny said they were looking at making a LHD variant in the near future and there does appear to be a LHD version available on the website, says out of stock mind.

This B Pipe bolts on after the Downpipe, so retain your standard CAT, or sports cat link pipe and then reconnects at the back box pipes just before the rear axle. Just deletes the resonator and a silencer. I think the reason why the drone isn't so bad if at all there is because you keep the oem back box system which retains that Helmhortz chamber on the back.
By TheJtimex
Seems like what the fk2 needed as the the Oem back section looks tidy anyway. To be honest all these cat back exhausts are just to change the sound and make it loader. The best performance gains are from reducing the cat restriction in the downpipe. How are you finding the b pipe gtr racer to live with on a day to day basis?
By TheJtimex
GTR Racer wrote:Easy enough for me, can't say the sound was annoying or droney at all.
thanks for that GTR Racer. Mines arrives in a week.
By RichE
TheJtimex wrote:
GTR Racer wrote:Easy enough for me, can't say the sound was annoying or droney at all.
thanks for that GTR Racer. Mines arrives in a week.
I ordered mine two weeks ago and was initially told a fortnight but their now saying first week in June.
By James1983
would a remap be needed for just the b-pipe?
By GTR Racer
Yeah was speaking to Johnny last week and he said theres a batch coming in on 7th of June.

No remap needed James, just straight bolt on and go.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]