The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sparkysp
also bit the bullet on this too saves warranty on ecu and is fully removable for service time
https://tdi-tuning.com/car/honda/civic/ ... g-box-chip
suppose to be 367bhp out the box with better fuel economy (lol ) we will only wait and see

need to get the first service out the way with first so i anit just putting it on and taking it off straight away also inform ole adrian fluxy shouldnt be too bad an increase its only 60 bhp which is a 20% increase roughly will get it RR to get exact figures

cheers stu ..
By TheJtimex
Hi sparky. I've got the same box but haven't installed it yet due to warranty worries. I would like to know how you find it after installation. Looks like quite an increase in performance for very little money.
By sparkysp
well the box is here 3 connection all on top of the engine which is good i was dreading having to dive deep into the bowels of the engine just to get at some plug says to set it up on level 4 optimum fuel economy to get the ecu used to having signals sent to it so going to run it like that for a bit at least 500 miles so to get some real world fuel saving before i start upping the levels then at the end a final real world RR session on level 7 to see what it actually does
which will be just in time for the insurance renewal so i can actually give some real results and see how much they might sting me Adrian flux anit bad they was golden on my corrado G60 modded hence why i stayed with them

cheers stu ..
By TheJtimex
Sounds good sparky. We're the sensor plugs easy to find. I know one is under the engine cover. I was told stick to level 4 for better fuel economy and performance. Got to admit you would have to try 7. Have you had no warnings on the dash?
By sparkysp
as you know its the 2 boost sensors and the cam sensor all on top of the engine bay the lower boost sensor looks the hardest to get to at the mo but i havent fitted it yet and like i say when i do it will be in mode 4 fuel economy while everything beds in and i get comfortable with it
you dont live near Cambridge area do you as i saw another black type r driving the other way yesterday on my way home from work (A1123)

cheers stu ..
By TheJtimex
Must admit sparky as these boxes go it doesnt look badly made and it's German. A few other people put me off installing due to traceability concerns. Just waiting for warranty to run down a bit. Mines relatively new and the electronics on these cars are mad complicated. It wasn't me im from up north. Would be interesting to know out of the 2500 sold in the U.K. What percentage of the 5 colours were sold. Just for interest. I'm interested how you find the box as I will be installing mine in the future.
By sparkysp
TheJtimex wrote:Must admit sparky as these boxes go it doesnt look badly made and it's German. A few other people put me off installing due to traceability concerns. Just waiting for warranty to run down a bit. Mines relatively new and the electronics on these cars are mad complicated. It wasn't me im from up north. Would be interesting to know out of the 2500 sold in the U.K. What percentage of the 5 colours were sold. Just for interest. I'm interested how you find the box as I will be installing mine in the future.

what a nightmare tried for 3 hours and gave up the hardest plug is the one behind the engine boost B2 its like impossible to get at
Getting at the cam and boost B1 are easy that took 10 mins but B2 theres no where to get your hands in there like loads of stuff to remove (which i didnt fancy doing to get access to it )
The job sheets says 5 min job it probly took 20 mins to get the red cam cover off and i dropped a cover bolt (yes im special but i found that and the magnetic wand i have in my tool box proved it worth in gold yet again )
The problem is that the engine bay is so tight that the pipes and cables stop you having great access its all guess work guessing the way the plug is facing feeling for the socket to plug it all into
so in the end i didn't fit it going to have to look at a different way or maybe go to one of there fitting centers as i guess Honda anit going to fit it for me :LOL:

so if you have small hands and the patience of a saint then your good to go otherwise id seriously look at one of there fitting centres

cheers stu ..
By TheJtimex
Hi sparky. Yep unfortunately the engine bay is cramped on the fk2. I was quoted 40 quid to have it installed by a tdi recommended fitting centre. I was rather hoping it was easy to take on and off thou.
By sparkysp
TheJtimex wrote:Hi sparky. Yep unfortunately the engine bay is cramped on the fk2. I was quoted 40 quid to have it installed by a tdi recommended fitting centre. I was rather hoping it was easy to take on and off thou.
pay the £40 its less than £15 an hour well worth it let some other person scratch there hands to pieces trying to get the back plug in and i don't think it will be a take on and off item as trust me if you get it fitted its fitted to stay your never ever going to put yourself thought what i when thought today plus i still have to fit mine and im a trained electrical engineer
it will be a remove if absolute necessary which on level 4 its a fuel save mode (wink wink ) and thats all you have it fitted for

an interesting fact thou if you have it fitted and remove the control box it makes a excellent anti thief device as i imagine all sorts of engine warning lights come on with it removed going into limp mode killing all performance putting a possible thief off and the control box is small enough to fit in a girls handbag or gentleman jacket pocket

cheers stu ...
By TheJtimex
40 quid sounds like a good deal then sparky. You have a point about the anti theft device. The only thing is I would probably forget to install it when returning to the car lol.
By TDI-Tuning
Hi! I'm Alistair from TDI-Tuning. I just came across your post and hope I can help. We're the only company in the country (world?) selling a Supplementary Engine Control Unit for the FK2 engine. All made between Britain and Germany by British engineers - you've made a great choice!

I've just rushed a fitting video through our design team to try and help with your issue. It's definitely one of the most complicated fittings we've encountered due to the positioning of the connectors. We do offer free fitting at our Manchester and Chelmsford branches but being able to attach and remove the box yourself is part of its appeal.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with someone from our technical team on 01245 392255

Hopefully the video is embedded below! (otherwise it's here:
)

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]