The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Batman12
I've been wondering for a while now if there's something wrong with my gear box it's hard to explain just seems a bit clunky into 1st and 2nd so as you do car engine off though I'd engage gears as a test funny enough they feel smooth as different story when car actually on the move! But while doing this I noticed a single clicking noise when both pressing and releasing clutch. I've never heard this before on the move because you just wouldn't hear it with the engine running! Would someone be kind enough to do a quick test on theirs and let me know if you also have the clutch clicking noise? A bit of feedback on the Michelin sport 4s cracking tire but I'll be honest don't reckon they As hardcore as Contential 6 but they will definitely last much longer and the difference in dry grip isn't much for everyday driving - They don't seem to get no where near as warm so difference in compound noticeable! What I will say is the Msport4s are miles ahead in terms of wet grip they are superb and have literally eliminated wheelspin as long as you don't foolishly flaw it. Take it a bit easier on the gas and the tyres are fantastic so happy with the swap overall they'll be a much better tyre for the car.
By EvoStu
The clicking is usually the cruise control sensor switch. Also happens on the FN2 as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
By Batman12
I haven't bothered with cruise control never been used. It's defiantly clicking when pressed down and up stationary. It might be normal but only noticed the noise this afternoon. Thanks for the reply.
By Lewisgame
Depending on the set up (not fully aware what's on the FK2), there'll be a clutch pedal switch which may make a small click noise as it engages and disengages with the pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By GTR Racer
One thing I found fascinating is you can go up through the gears an cruise control still works, in my past soon as the clutch got depressed cruise control turned off
By tomwillie
Batman12 wrote:I've been wondering for a while now if there's something wrong with my gear box it's hard to explain just seems a bit clunky into 1st and 2nd so as you do car engine off though I'd engage gears as a test funny enough they feel smooth as different story when car actually on the move! But while doing this I noticed a single clicking noise when both pressing and releasing clutch. I've never heard this before on the move because you just wouldn't hear it with the engine running! Would someone be kind enough to do a quick test on theirs and let me know if you also have the clutch clicking noise? A bit of feedback on the Michelin sport 4s cracking tire but I'll be honest don't reckon they As hardcore as Contential 6 but they will definitely last much longer and the difference in dry grip isn't much for everyday driving - They don't seem to get no where near as warm so difference in compound noticeable! What I will say is the Msport4s are miles ahead in terms of wet grip they are superb and have literally eliminated wheelspin as long as you don't foolishly flaw it. Take it a bit easier on the gas and the tyres are fantastic so happy with the swap overall they'll be a much better tyre for the car.
What size is Sport 4S have you fitted?
By dweezle
Batman12 wrote:I haven't bothered with cruise control never been used. It's defiantly clicking when pressed down and up stationary. It might be normal but only noticed the noise this afternoon. Thanks for the reply.
Tried it once & didn't bother again, same with the hands free, July 2015 was when both were last used
By RichE
Batman12 wrote:I've been wondering for a while now if there's something wrong with my gear box it's hard to explain just seems a bit clunky into 1st and 2nd so as you do car engine off though I'd engage gears as a test funny enough they feel smooth as different story when car actually on the move! But while doing this I noticed a single clicking noise when both pressing and releasing clutch. I've never heard this before on the move because you just wouldn't hear it with the engine running! Would someone be kind enough to do a quick test on theirs and let me know if you also have the clutch clicking noise? A bit of feedback on the Michelin sport 4s cracking tire but I'll be honest don't reckon they As hardcore as Contential 6 but they will definitely last much longer and the difference in dry grip isn't much for everyday driving - They don't seem to get no where near as warm so difference in compound noticeable! What I will say is the Msport4s are miles ahead in terms of wet grip they are superb and have literally eliminated wheelspin as long as you don't foolishly flaw it. Take it a bit easier on the gas and the tyres are fantastic so happy with the swap overall they'll be a much better tyre for the car.
Just to clarify is it the Pilot sport 4 or the 4 S you have, sorry it could read 4' s.
By Batman12
I went for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4(S) and stuck with recommended size 235/35 R19 Y (91). They do seem to look a lot bigger chunkier fill both front and rear arches compared to the Contential sport 6 but having said that another member on here recently had some new Contis fitted and apparently they look a lot bigger too no longer stretched so maybe the manufacturers have changed something but honestly no idea to be honest. If I get time will take a picture and post. The Michelins cost more but I'm pretty sure they will last a lot longer the compound seems no where near as soft. Apparently balance between the super sport 3 and Cup 2 tyre basically the Michelin 4s replace the super sport but obviously no where near as track focused as the Cup tyres. In all honesty, I reckon the Conti6 or Michelin 4S best tyres for the Civic. I don't think there's a huge performance difference in dry for arguments sake they perform the same but in wet the Michelins a lot better and I seem to be getting better MPG but having said that probably because they are new tyres! Time will tell.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]