The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
dweezle wrote:You beauty, been waiting for this intake been checking for a while but kept saying coming soon.
Looks good is there a price yet
Introducing price is €649 plus shipping.
This is quite nice, comparing to eventuri intake for almost double :)
Does obviously the same and I like the look of it way more.
cheers....
Well yeah I know, but you get a lot more for your money with the Eventuri, and its carbon atleast, guess the price there for carbon is the reason why it's much more expensive than the fibreglass that this appears to be here. I feel given the product it should be more around €450 or something!
The Arma intake has more carbon than the eventuri and cheaper from what I remember, It's ridiculously expensive. there's a couple of companies selling the eventuri in the mid to high 800 area that shows just how much profit these other companies are making from them.
The periscope scoop is what has put me off the eventuri, yes It works but it's ugly & looks almost an afterthought & I know where I am people would just stick allsorts down there, lastly not forgetting near every FK2 is sporting one of these, & it's getting to the point where everyone is identical modding.
I have been considering one more & more though, the noise is yummy BUT this hctr may have popped up at the right time, also makes things easy come filter change, reckon we could see a few eventuris popping up for sale soon
Well, I talked to the guys from HCTR and ordered my CAI.

The performance benefit sounds promising :D
- compensates the boost drop at high ambient temp
- boost is more stable and higher (up to 0.2bar) at mid and high range, because of the ram air effect
Expressed in figures...if a stock CTRs boost goes down to 1.2bar, the HCTR CAI will help out and keep the boost at 1.4bar.
NICE!!!
Thats the power I am missing going up the hill after "Bergwerk" on "The Ring" :devil:

Will have it here next week and post some Feedback.
cheers
I don't mean more as in more carbon. I mean more in terms of the quality of goods you get, carbon or course costs more than fibreglass, an you get the filter and maf sensor housing too. I agree the Eventuri is expensive, that should be more £750/€850 as opposed to nearer the 1000 figures.
no one has said the obvious your losing a fog light which is ok if you have a broken one as there about £300 to replace from honda but i wouldnt spoil the look of the car and make it wonky eyed just for an air filter!!
be interesting to see what actual power figures you get as ive got an extra 5 bhp from a filter and the first black pipe from the filter change for a samco one which only cost me £80 tops for both
id get a tdi tunning box with the rest and still have change from £649 and still keep my warranty
as for losing power have you addressed the biggest problem with the car and thats the turbo down pipe HCTR do a lovely down pipe expensive but worth the money but is doesnt come with a sport cat so i believe so you fail the MOT or TUV i believe in germany
just my thoughts
sparkysp wrote:no one has said the obvious your losing a fog light which is ok if you have a broken one as there about £300 to replace from honda but i wouldnt spoil the look of the car and make it wonky eyed just for an air filter!!
CAI Kit comes with two inlets for fog light (left and right). Anything else would look weird, wouldn´t it?
Left side is used for CAI, right side is for extra air into the engine bay.
sparkysp wrote:as for losing power have you addressed the biggest problem with the car and thats the turbo down pipe HCTR do a lovely down pipe expensive but worth the money but is doesnt come with a sport cat so i believe so you fail the MOT or TUV i believe in germany
just my thoughts
HCTR DP comes with Lambda Eliminator. So there is Problem with die Emission check in Germany as Long as they only read the ECU data and do not test the Emission for real.
And they are working on a 4" DP with Race Cat. Its on the dyno afaik.
Been discussing it over on TRO, thoughts on hydro locking, there has been casualties on other ctrs running fog light fed intakes.
I still prefer this to the eventuri but hydro locking is game over
dweezle wrote:Been discussing it over on TRO, thoughts on hydro locking, there has been casualties on other ctrs running fog light fed intakes.
I still prefer this to the eventuri but hydro locking is game over
As long as you dont drive through a lake there should be no problem with hydro locking.... :D
On a serious note, think about water Methanol injection.
The engine can handle a certain amount of water. If not to much, it might even help...as mention above.
cheers
Well...short update.

I got the CAI on Friday.
Installed it today. All good. Fits nice and looks great.
Did a quick test drive and feels quite good.
I think boost stays longer on a high Level.
And best of all.....they send a K&N filter along.

Looks like they have two CAI kits.
One comes with K&N for €649 and the other one does not. The CAI kit w/o is €579.

Will go to "the Ring" on sunday and monday.
I am really curious how it will work on the Autobahn and the track....

cheers
veehexx wrote:where did you buy from? practically all the HCTR bits don't seem to be readily available from anywhere in the UK.
Did send them a E-Mail via their Homepage.
I dont think that you will get it from any tuner shop, because they dont run a business.

And....I was on the Ring to have some fun.
All I can say is, that the CAI works as described by HCTR.
Nice and stable boost going up "Bergwerk". I now have 1,4bar instead of 1,2bar.
And the boost comes faster back to life after the car was parked, because it does not suck the hot air from the engine bay.

I am very happy and satisfied with the results. :D

cheers

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]