The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
My dealer told cat back was a no go. What a kill joy considering it's just venting exhaust gases and there is no sensors in that area. With all the problems that the focus rs drivers are having makes you realise how important the warranty is. You have a point sparkysp. Will have to just keep the OEM exhaust in case of any problems.
I made the decision 2 weeks ago to sod warranty worries.

My car is 22months old and only has an Eventuri fitted and running at 328bhp.
So many people are running much higher numbers reliably these days including Phil at Dream that engine issues are extremely unlikley.

A friend fitted a Martelius earlier in the year and makes the cars pound like it should have as standard.

So on Saturday i had Phil at Dream fit a Martelius and it sounds utterly nuts! My wife uses the car 10 times more than me as her daily driver and also loves the way it sounds.
At cold start it growls and barks like a Touring car at tickover.
Give it the beans and it sounds like a race car.

BUT ... just as the Type R is the best of both worlds, so is the Martelius. Driving normally it isnt that loud inside and no different noise wise to OEM off boost motorway cruising.

The Eventuri and Martelius may not boost the power like the owners chasing numbers but does make the car sound nuts and complete the ownership experience for me and the wife. :Woot:
dweezle wrote:It also sounds like an aftermarket diesel exhaust, I like mine but I'm finding it's took some of the zest away from the car, accelerating away sounds good but it's near embarrassing
Brilliant description :LOL:

It feeds my mid-life crisis beautifully! The 2 guys who work for me are car nuts and were having mini orgasms listening to it on cold start up this morning.

Ive filmed my friends Martelius shod FK2 and it really isn't that bad from outside, certainly not on a par with the racket from a changed up Corsa.

My car has the Eventuri and Martelius fitted. Driven flat out against another friend who has an Eventuri and Wagner intercooler fitted ..... absolutely no difference in performance. Wouldn't be too bothered if it did effect performance a little as I'm really not looking to squeeze performance out.
Cold starts do sound good, it burbled & popped tonight whilst reversing which brought a smile to my face, the burbles are nice & also the idle revs at junctions but accelerating away hard sounds odd in the cabin.
My work mate said this morning it sounds a similar sound like a muscle car, in the cabin I'm not hearing that which is probably the problem, I've also noticed the engine noise now doesn't match the exhaust noise but an intake or filter should sort that.
I'm also driving everywhere in +R now :) the exhaust seems to sound better in R mode
Sounds like the martelius puts a smile on your faces fellas. I'll get mine on order. Should help with the midlife crisis :LOL: R+ mode is horrible around were I live dweezle. The roads are far too uneven. Might be better with Remus responder. At least with that you should be able to adjust throttle response. Or at least that's what they say.
Dweezle ... my journey home was 82 miles, with the rear seats down and no parcel shelf, so I could bring the OEM exhaust home. As soon as I got home and raised the seats and parcel shelf the sound deadening effect was huge. If I go on a drive with other owners, think I'll drop the seats again. :LOL:

The gauge of the exhaust, the fact the silencers are at the rear and free-flowing nauture of the exhaust means all the sound is coming out of the pipes and being left behind the car ... for everyone to enjoy!
He's not a hater, he loves the look of the Fk, he came up to me at work & asked if I've done something to my exhaust, told him aftermarket system, he followed up with "it sounds sh-t, I followed you out last night" I laughed thinking work banter & he goes "no seriously mate it's sh-t & doesn't suit the car"
It did shock me as he's not usually like that, I told him I have no idea what it sounds like outside so it could actually sound sh-t but until I hear one in person I wouldn't know
dweezle wrote:He's not a hater, he loves the look of the Fk, he came up to me at work & asked if I've done something to my exhaust, told him aftermarket system, he followed up with "it sounds sh-t, I followed you out last night" I laughed thinking work banter & he goes "no seriously mate it's sh-t & doesn't suit the car"
It did shock me as he's not usually like that, I told him I have no idea what it sounds like outside so it could actually sound sh-t but until I hear one in person I wouldn't know
He would have followed you out when the car was at cold-start and it does sound rough/diesel like . I hear the wife leave for work everyday in ours and it's sounds like a Massey Ferguson driving out our cul-de-sac :LOL:
It's grown on me,
Today I found gently revving is a good way of letting the cars in front to move instead of chatting to the McDonald staff through the window :lol:, I heard a staff member go "Look a type R" so just for him I had to give it subtle blitz to the next window, echoed like anything :lol:

The evening my mate followed me was definitely a cold start but I also had it +R mode, the exhaust seems to roar a lot more in +R embarrassing but sounds loads better

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]