The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Jimreidw13
Hi guys, just wanted to report that my steering wheel is very slightly off centre to the left when going straight at 30mph +speeds. When I put the red strip in centre it goes slightly right.

I have just put some Michelin pilot sport 4S on the fronts. No laser alignment done.

Any one else noticed this or am I due an alignment??
Been watching some YouTube POV Clips and they seem to have my same problem, could be another quirk of the car.

Cheers
By Batman12
I've the same problem but nothing major at all slightly out but really not noticeable much! Out of interest how you finding those msp4 tyres? I'm up to changing all 4 this time round and was going to give them a try....
By V-TEC
Mine is ever so slightly off to the left but it's ever so slight that it doesn't bother me. Mine only has 540 miles on the clock so I guess it's not a serious issue.
By Jimreidw13
Could be down to suspension setup or toe and camber set up.

Compared to the contis 6 the Mps4s are super sticky, put the power down better in wet and dry, more comfy, side wall is 50% taller for some reason, this provides better protection and ride, better fuel economy I get about 20-30miles more a tank, feel and breaking is all improved, they just give you more confidence, you can lean on them as hard as you like and they will perform.

Have any of you done a laser tracking, I might do it to see if i can get the steering wheel dead centre, but too be honest it is very slightly off I could get used to it.
By Batman12
I've recently swapped all 4 contis to Mps4s and overall fantastic tyre more or less eliminated the little traction issues in wet as long as you don't flaw it 2st and 2nd. Just curious what psi you are running with I've gone stuck with 33psi front and 30psi rear. I would highly recommend over any other tyre but what I will say for everyday public road driving the noticeable different is absolutely minimal in dry conditions.
By Jimreidw13
IM running 34 front and 31 back, I just allowed that extra psi cause in time the do go down, I'm going do a service in the next week, I think they do a general check, I'll mention about the steering, I'm thinking of getting them laser tracked any way, I'll let you know how it goes.

Have you had any issues engaging 4th gear some days, occasionally, there's like a resistance when it goes in, also, have you found out about changing the horn, I was told they might have to take the front bumper out so I didn't go ahead, but they weren't sure.

And last thing, I set my front collision warning to close, does that make it more sensitive( go off more often) or less sensitive.

Nice one, cruising in the 1st lane like a boss, I never catch the bate some people try to give me, I don't give them the pleasure, bloody Audi A5's and Volvo xc90s are the worst lol :Music:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]