The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By blimpuk
Has anyone had AmD do the remap on there FK2 and if so what gains and did they have to Remove ECU?
By dweezle
They have to hack in to the ECU, re-map or warranty, depends which is more important
By Tn1115
Had mapping done in March 2016 driven more than 20k miles since, ran 373 bhp and 361 lb ft of torque until September 2016 had another remap to stage 2 383 bhp and over 420 lb ft and still running sweet only tyre changes, first brake change at 22k and regular interim services between. Couldn't be happier with the way the car is running although I would prefer a custom live map as oppose to the generic ecu software uploads only available at this time. It is a fantastic car stock so if you are happy with it stock stick to that and retain the warranty. If you want to take it up a notch the car should be able to handle around 400 bhp 400 lb ft with no problem. The power is put down in the same manner with stock dry or wet it doesn't seem too different regardless of the extra power and torque. It's a totally different animal when mapped. Went with Dream Automotive in the end top guys.
By sparkysp
Tn1115 wrote:Had mapping done in March 2016 driven more than 20k miles since, ran 373 bhp and 361 lb ft of torque until September 2016 had another remap to stage 2 383 bhp and over 420 lb ft and still running sweet only tyre changes, first brake change at 22k and regular interim services between. Couldn't be happier with the way the car is running although I would prefer a custom live map as oppose to the generic ecu software uploads only available at this time. It is a fantastic car stock so if you are happy with it stock stick to that and retain the warranty. If you want to take it up a notch the car should be able to handle around 400 bhp 400 lb ft with no problem. The power is put down in the same manner with stock dry or wet it doesn't seem too different regardless of the extra power and torque. It's a totally different animal when mapped. Went with Dream Automotive in the end top guys.
what else did you have do to get it too 383 bhp ??
By GTR Racer
Stage 2 is generally sports cat, intercooler, and Eventuri or equilivent. Cat back would help in gains too.
By Tn1115
Sorry for the late reply, full list of mods:
Milltek race non res fatback
Cobra 4-3 inch decat downpipe
Forge intercooler
Eventuri intake
Remus responder
Forge recirc valve.

But I'm looking to take a trip back to dream to purchase one of their uprated paddle clutches and replace my forge intercooler with the airtec intercooler and possibly an aem v2 water meth injection kit. Hybrid turbos and stand alone ecu management are both not too far from release too :)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]