The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sparkysp
being a bit of a weirdo i change my oil every 6k rather than the 10-12k that honda say
and i have to say after getting a sample back from the honda garage (im sending it away to millers for a full report )the oil looks toasted i know i know honda say 0w-20w but mine came out black and very watery i personally wouldn't have like to left it in there another 4k miles

its just a warning its the cheapest thing to do to a car (oil change) yet it can stop so much heart ache

will post the miller result when it all goes thought

cheers stu ...
By Batman12
Mine had first oil change at 4,500 miles. Currently done 12,000 and system reckons oil change another 8,500 miles!! This doesn't make any sense to me. Cars feeling very sluggish, idling dodgy in traffic especially 1st, 2nd gear awkward and roughy feeling. Had anyone ever noticed griding feeling and slight nose when releasing clutch up in 1st mostly in traffic ? Think I'm going to get car booked in for oil and get them to do a check.
By dweezle
I'm thinking the same, mine is saying oil & filter at B service (another 7-8000 to go)
A service was counting down last yr but it's yet to surface, not 100% convinced on Hondas svrs
By srewolf21
Got mine dun Wednesday as Honda was telling me it was due at 12 months. Only dun 6k miles. And the gits washed my car with a brush!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By eastsoutheast
I am on 4700 after just under 3 months. The oil is quite dark and I have had to top up withroughly 1/3rd litre of oil (genuine Honda of course). I paid for the service plan and the dealer turned off the CBS which I now am sure was to lower the number of oil changes.

I commute into London daily and believe the oil is ready for a change.

What mileage have you had your first oil change please?

Thanks
Brian
By srewolf21
As i said mine 6100 but hasn't used a drop in 12 months. Mine isn't a daily and most of the miles has been motorway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By Batman12
4,500 first oil change pretty much standard is that 1st change for a performance car. I've now hit 12,500 and system reckons another 8,300 from today. To be honest I do trust Honda and the system but for £130 I would much rather have more frequent changes...clean healthy oil the most important part of any car never mind a performance one. I've got mine booked in April oil and filter. I'm sure If you let the system determine changes there won't be an issue but will it keep your engine in top shape....doubt it! I decided not to bother with service plan the minute I found it's the same plan across Honda range simply because I don't think getting dragging out the intervals running on cooked oil will do the TypeR any good. You can probably get away with it for standard civic etc each to their own on this one but let's keep this thread going. Has anyone noticed a grinding feel clutch in 1st when relasing into 2nd ??
By dweezle
Only follow the svrs between services, if a whole year comes 1st get it booked in for a change.

Added in 2 minutes 46 seconds:
eastsoutheast wrote:I am on 4700 after just under 3 months. The oil is quite dark and I have had to top up withroughly 1/3rd litre of oil (genuine Honda of course). I paid for the service plan and the dealer turned off the CBS which I now am sure was to lower the number of oil changes.

I commute into London daily and believe the oil is ready for a change.

What mileage have you had your first oil change please?

Thanks
Brian
Did the dealer ask you if you wanted it switched off, they are meant to have the owners permission 1st.
HUK have been telling dealers to leave the svrs ON for the type R
By sparkysp
well apart from honda contaminating the oil with water in the bottle they supplied and me having high silicon deposits all seems ok im talkng to miller and asking them if the oil would have lasted the 10k miles the service system is telling me to change more update later

admin im trying to upload photo but its saying board attachment reached ?????
Last edited by sparkysp on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By eastsoutheast
My dealer turned it off and told me they turn them all off. I cant help but think it would have been left on had I not purchased the service plan. I cant find out how to switch it back to CBS but would prefer to. Anyone know how?
By dweezle
There was talks of, once off it can't be reversed, but I know of a chap that recently had his reversed back to on.
Can only be done at the dealers though
By xenergie
Well, I got the service warning at 7767 miles. I covered those miles in ~10 months.

Once I left the dealership it started the countdown at 360 days.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]