The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By blimpuk
Hi all i need some advice i have just recently purchased an FK2 and want to replace filter with Kit/panel but want some advice on whats good?

At the moment im just looking at K&N/Pipercross panel filters but i know Eventuri do a kit which i dont mind getting i just want to know if it is worth it?
By dweezle
Steer clear of pipercross, they're shite quality.
K&N or itg or BMC for panel filters, they offer good noise as well.
Eventuri I'm not a fan looks nice under the bonnet but the scoop looks messy if I'm honest, but it does get good feed back (Google will bring up other companies cheaper than the ones selling them at over 900)
injen have one but has mixed reviews.
Gruppe M has one, some chap on civinfo looks to be the 1st to be testing one of these out.
Some German company is coming up with a cold fed intake using the fog light.
There's a Taiwanese company made a tasty looking carbon one, I don't think anyone in the uk has jumped on that one yet
By sparkysp
its bangs for bucks really £900 is eye watering for the eventuri but does give 20bhp alone k&n pipercross panel filters are like £20-30 and give 2-3 bhp
my advice if you want to go faster is panel filter and a tdi tuning box cost you about £550 and you will get 50 bhp and its removable come service time
where as a ecu remap is again about £500 but they have to break the seals volding any warranty you have with the car
By Akula_Type-R
20bhp alone.... please post more dyno first and after the eventuri installation, but not the dyno on the eventuri site
By dweezle
I can't remember where I read it (may of been civicturbo) but a couple of owners had theirs dyno'd before & after and 20hp was way off
By Akula_Type-R
realistically at best around 10hp, however, too much money for the gain
By sparkysp
Akula_Type-R wrote:20bhp alone.... please post more dyno first and after the eventuri installation, but not the dyno on the eventuri site
i was at a dream works RR session it was only the spiel they was giving out although dragon on here bought one so im still waiting for real world results myself

stu..
By GTR Racer
In Banzai this month there was a rolling road day going on. One made 303 which was stock and another made 327 that was stock except the Eventuri. I can understand the gains as the standard airbox is absolutely shocking in design. It's no wonder the FK8 2017/18 model has had a redesign of the airbox placement. Probably how it gained the 10hp it has over the FK2
By sparkysp
GTR Racer wrote:In Banzai this month there was a rolling road day going on. One made 303 which was stock and another made 327 that was stock except the Eventuri. I can understand the gains as the standard airbox is absolutely shocking in design. It's no wonder the FK8 2017/18 model has had a redesign of the airbox placement. Probably how it gained the 10hp it has over the FK2
yeah i spotted that too its boxed at the front with possibly a cold air intake from the grill

on the subject of bhp i thought 308 was standard as mine was RR on the day at 313 with only a pipercross filter and the horrible black flexy pipe removed and nice smooth samco one put in its place
By GTR Racer
306 is standard, which mine put down on the money at Tegiwa's Club Enduro 750 regulated dyno completely standard.
By Mo-ep3
I have the aem v2 on my ep3 and it sounds great.. i bought mine between 200 and 300 but check ebay.. gives a nice grunt.. youtube it.. ppl wudve posted their videos with their induction kits

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
By blimpuk
awesome thanks guys i was just about to order the Pipercross, but will go for the K&N now.
By Akula_Type-R
with eventuri, any dyno test from others guy ?
By bazza.
I went for the BMC drop in filter sounds far better than stock one down side with the eventuri system
What happens when your car is covered in snow or you get really heavy rain I know there is a small
drain tube but ?
By sparkysp
bazza. wrote:I went for the BMC drop in filter sounds far better than stock one down side with the eventuri system
What happens when your car is covered in snow or you get really heavy rain I know there is a small
drain tube but ?
having seen one fitted theirs about a 10mm gap in between the scoop intake exit pipe and the cone shield intake filter any water or snow just runs out the gap
By dweezle
Some must get through though, if that's sucking air then it's sucking moisture
By Lewisgame
dweezle wrote:Some must get through though, if that's sucking air then it's sucking moisture
Will make very little difference. Just think when you're driving behind a lorry in the wet or in very foggy conditions the amount of moisture will enter the intake.
If anything, a small amount of moisture can actually improve engine performance...
By sparkysp
Lewisgame wrote:
dweezle wrote:Some must get through though, if that's sucking air then it's sucking moisture
Will make very little difference. Just think when you're driving behind a lorry in the wet or in very foggy conditions the amount of moisture will enter the intake.
If anything, a small amount of moisture can actually improve engine performance...
wasn't that theory proved balldocks due to when there moisture in the air the outside temp is lower and it was that helping the performance and not the water injection
could be as stupid as me and be talking out my arse thou ive seen alot of RS turbo 1.6 boys with water injection when there running high stupid boost
By Lewisgame
sparkysp wrote:
Lewisgame wrote:
wasn't that theory proved balldocks due to when there moisture in the air the outside temp is lower and it was that helping the performance and not the water injection
could be as stupid as me and be talking out my arse thou ive seen alot of RS turbo 1.6 boys with water injection when there running high stupid boost
Water injection cools the combustion process. Allows you to push the engine harder with boost and ignition without risking pre detonation.
By Dragonfall
Akula and the doubters .....

Speak to Bilal at Eventuri and ask to see the film footage of Nick Abraham's (me) and Tony Wests FK2's evaluation testing the Eventuri at Bruntingthorpe.

Neither of us know the Eventuri guys nor have any association with them. We met them at the same dyno day as Sparky.
I stood in a 6 days notice as Chris Woodly hit a deer in his car, who was supposed to do the test.
We both ran our tanks dry and filled up together from the same pump with Tesco Momentum.
Both cars dyno'd stock within 2bhp of each other on the same day over 6 runs.
The cars were the run at Bruntingthorpe proving ground doing rolling starts at 30mph over and over with the Eventuri fitted to one car and then changed over.

The 15-20bhp claim is based on a huge amount of Dyno runs and if you speak to Bilal you will quickly realise he is a pure engineering guy not a salesman of any sort.

The real wprld effects of the Eventuri intake are far greater than the bhp number gain. I posted the one video clip i took on Facebook on Saturday in the 'Big Search' thread. The difference in that video was repeated on every run.

Not just the Eventuri, but a decent intake kit makes a massive difference on an FK2.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]