The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Martty b
Hi all .
Any one had a problem with the car not locking. Just come back from the shops , parked up and tried to lock it . All that happened was the horn gave a quick blast. All doors and windows were shut. In times of trouble I find a cup of tea helps and a feet up rest. Anyway I go back out a hour later to sort this out only to find the battery was completely flat. Quick fast charge and up and running again and locks working fine.
I don't understand this .
By dweezle
Battery shouldn't be knackered yet, any after market stuff fitted, lights left on whilst shopping, anyone stay in the car whilst shopping playing the stereo
By Martty b
No aftermarket bits and lights were off. I did check the car this morning and it started fine and locked . Battery had 12.33 volts .
By Dragonfall
That seems quite a low voltage for a resting lead/acid battery, you normally see around 13 volts (2.1 to 2.2 volts per cell is normal).

Check out the Yuasa website, they recommend charging a battery when they fall below 12.4 volts.
By 15repyt
No the battery voltage with no load sounds about right, more than 12.33 would be with the engine running with charge going through it. It should charge about 14.3 volts.
By sparkysp
got to be low voltage from the battery in my mind give it a proper over night trickle charge and see how you go after that if it comes back after a few days your battery isnt charging properly or holding it charge
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]