The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By eastsoutheast
I have now owned my CW CTR for 10 weeks and have covered 3700 miles. 80% of my miles have been commuting 33 miles each way into London which is a real challenge in this car (speed bumps and potholes so loads of time at less than 10 MPH).

The plastics are quite a bit darker than the metal panels but I dont want to have them re-painted and risk grief. I have annoying rattles from the passenger rear roof area and drivers door/window area.

The other 20% of the miles I have covered have been an absolute joy and I have loved every minute of driving the car. Its devastaingly fast in the corners as well as the straights (once your into 2nd gear) and feels perfect.

I have used zero oil although the flip side is I already need to replace my front tyres - 2mm left. I love the SC6's but cant put up with such high wear rates as I would need 4 changes per year.

I have ordered a set of Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 3's which I hope prove to be a decent alternative. Evo conducted a full set of tests of our size tyre (235 35 19) using a Focus ST and loved the Goodyears. The Continental 6's won but only just beat the Goodyears.

I have only seen one other FK2 CTR on the road and that was on a dead end road in west London (Blue CTR in W11 4AR just in case your also a member of the forums?).

So glad I did not go for any of the other cars I seriously considered as I am delighted with my Type R and if anyone is reading this considering buying one, you will not be dissapointed.

Considered and drove most,

Focus RS - great car but did not feel special from the inside and will be more common
Golf R - fast but looks like any other Golf with a aftermarket exhaust system -no design to the rear bumper
Fiat 696 Biposto - special, rare but stupid servicing costs, very impractible, slower and will be fragile!
Audi S3/RS3 - will not own an Audi until all the co**s that currently drive them move onto another brand (plus dont like driving in sunglasses)
Seat Leon Cupra 290 - just too plain looking but fast and great if you want a high quality sleeper
Mini JCW - had 2 already and getting quite common, would not live with a CTR on teh road or track

£33K would have also been enough for some very good 2nd hand cars including a Cayman S, Boxster S (I know, I know), Exige, Evora (just).

I cant wait to get my car re-mapped and a Remus valvetronic exhaust system inc spots cat fitted.

Cheers from a very happy owner and member of Civictype-r.co.uk
By V-TEC
Hi and welcome. I have had my Polished Metal Metallic GT FK2 for just over a month and covered a grand total of 370 miles! Not quite the epic mileage that you have covered in a short time but enough to know that I love driving it! I really thought I would miss my EP3 that I owned previously for 11 years but I really don't. It just that this is so much easier to drive and live with on a daily basis, all the gadgets and toys it comes with are a nice bonus too. Can't wait to try the aircon once summer kicks in as the EP3 was no fun on a hot day!

3700 miles is pretty shocking if you have already worn the front tyres out. I guess you have been giving it some at times to wear them so quickly. lol
By dweezle
I own a CW and my panels are all identical in colour as are others, if you got yours from Honda then I would see about having them changed, I know of another owner who had parts replaced due to being different shades.
Cw can be a hard colour to match as from previous knowledge I think there's around 6 different shades.

Tyres I got around 3500 out of mine & I drive like an old man but live in the sticks so plenty of twisty B rds, I changed to the assy 3s and love them, loads more grip than the contis & still loads more tread after 7000 miles
By eastsoutheast
In your experience do Honda replace the plastics if a poor colour match or remove, paint and re-fit?

Glad to hear your happy with the Goodyears, I had a set of the 2's fitted to my last car and was really impressed with them.

I do drive quite spiritedly but for no more than 10% of the time due to my commute and the general state of the roads (congestion, pot holes, speed limits). 4000 miles is quite shocking for a pair of tyres to last, the Costco fitter asked me how many track days I had done, when I said none he laughed.

Of course none of this really matters as the car makes me smile and look forward to driving.
By Akula_Type-R
"I have annoying rattles from the passenger" someone has figured out where it comes from this rattle/noise ? I have too.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]