The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By yuleee
Had the car a year today woop woop!!!!

but the drivers seat is starting to rip on the edge will it be under warranty? or is it wear and tear

Thanks guys
By EvoStu
yuleee wrote:Had the car a year today woop woop!!!!

but the drivers seat is starting to rip on the edge will it be under warranty? or is it wear and tear

Thanks guys
Yup it will be covered under normal warranty conditions.
By dweezle
A chap had a hole appear in his at a few mths old HUK declined warranty
By EvoStu
dweezle wrote:A chap had a hole appear in his at a few mths old HUK declined warranty
If it's a failure of the material it will be replaced.
By dweezle
That's what he thought, his went shiny then holes appeared at 8mths old, dealer took photos but Honda declined the claim.
The last we heard he was reporting it to trading standards, I've just checked his thread but he hasn't updated so not sure on the outcome.

They should replace it but they have been pretty tight with warranty work on these, I've read cases of near new cars being argued with warranty
By EvoStu
dweezle wrote:That's what he thought, his went shiny then holes appeared at 8mths old, dealer took photos but Honda declined the claim.
The last we heard he was reporting it to trading standards, I've just checked his thread but he hasn't updated so not sure on the outcome.

They should replace it but they have been pretty tight with warranty work on these, I've read cases of near new cars being argued with warranty
I cannot see how a claim could be rejected? If the material fails via stitching etc then it's an instant warranty claim regardless.
By EvoStu
Unfortunately that's what happens to alcantara when it rubs. Can't claim for that I'm afraid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
By Dragonfall
A friend in Peterborough took his FK2 into the dealer on Monday ..... hole in outer edge of the bolster on the drivers seat at just over 10K miles/1 year.
The repair was approved straight away without any fuss but he's been told they don't change the seat. The old cover is removed and a new piece of bolster foam and cover installed.

Mine is just starting to fail at 22k miles, the wife drives it mainly who is a lot smaller ..... guessing that's why it's taken so long.
By dweezle
Shiny patches could also be dirt build up, gently massage some upholstery cleaner in and wipe off with a damp microfiber & finish with a hoover
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]