The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sparky_edwards
Hi all

So Im thinking about gitting a downpipe. Ive been chatting to Loxy (thanks for the advice buddy) and due to his problems with the lower sensor on his Cobra downpipe there out. The Dream one is good but at £1200 bit steep really. Ive been looking at the Scorpion one (http://www.tegiwaimports.com/scorpion-s ... bo-15.html). I think the sensor port is higher up then the Cobra one what do you guys think? Dont really want tp part with £599 quid on a gamble.

Anyone got one of them? if so any problems?

Tar Mark
By GTR Racer
Didn't know about this with the cobra sports cat. Good to know. One of the reasons why I'm going to wait for something like a Hondata box to come out before I start playing with downpipes, can't be doing with my dashboard looking like a Christmas tree haha!
By sparky_edwards
I was looking at one of theses as well. Its not really top speed Im after just things that make a already good car a little bit better. We all know the exhaust is what kills the car. I was after a deeper noise as well.

Mark
By dweezle
From the clips I've heard with a downpipe there's not much difference in sound,
We had a long long moan over on Civinfo in 2015 regarding the lack of noise and apparently it's down to the turbo being small, that and it's a Honda
By sparkysp
dweezle wrote:Spend it on one of these https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_va ... 11389.html it's getting good feedback, add the Remus pedal box alongside it & you'll have 1 quick fk2
yeah i had a look its one of those confuse the signal boxes so the ecu pumps more fuel or spins the turbo up more never been a big fan of them but would like to see some real world results with them fitted
By motty
sparkysp wrote:
dweezle wrote:Spend it on one of these https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_va ... 11389.html it's getting good feedback, add the Remus pedal box alongside it & you'll have 1 quick fk2
yeah i had a look its one of those confuse the signal boxes so the ecu pumps more fuel or spins the turbo up more never been a big fan of them but would like to see some real world results with them fitted
Had one fitted to my Leon cupra 290 for about 6 months, had it dyno'd at p-torque and made 366bhp, have it set to map 3-1 so it doesn't overload the clutch, and check the data logs every couple of weeks and never seen anything out of the ordinary or any error codes, very popular with me car, golf r's and s3's
By ruffstuff77_GER
I dont like the Scorpion DP. It is to small in Diameter and it has a 200cell cat included. Just another bottle neck...

Do you really need a cat version?

How about the HCTR 4" DP? Its big. Its nice qualitiy. And it gives you more power, torque and sound for sure. And in your case its cheaper, too. They sell it around €600 (GBP510).
And if you use a Spacer (Lambda Eliminator) on the lower O2 sensor, all is good. No EML or fault code.
I use it. I like it!

http://www.hctr-tuning.de/blank
By GTR Racer
Yeah but if you don't know anybody who can MOT your car an get by the emissions test, a decat just equates to a ball ache when you need to put your cat back on to pass emissions tests.
By ruffstuff77_GER
Well...about the Emission test I can only talk for Germany.

All car with date of build after 2006 are checked without testing the Emission at the exhaust, if all readiness codes are set.
Just the engine ECU is controlled. If no fault codes are saved, all is good.

How is the procedure is GB? And what are the maximum Emission levels? Will a 200cell cat help?
If they check for Euro6 limits I doubt it will.
By sparkysp
motty wrote:
sparkysp wrote:
Had one fitted to my Leon cupra 290 for about 6 months, had it dyno'd at p-torque and made 366bhp, have it set to map 3-1 so it doesn't overload the clutch, and check the data logs every couple of weeks and never seen anything out of the ordinary or any error codes, very popular with me car, golf r's and s3's
thanks for the info motty i looking intestered now if you didnt have any probs did it give you the extra mpg or was it all wasted on the right foot "er-hem" stu ...
By motty
sparkysp wrote:
motty wrote:
sparkysp wrote:
I wouldn't say its any better on fuel personally, but it certainly isn't any worse
thanks for the info motty i looking intestered now if you didnt have any probs did it give you the extra mpg or was it all wasted on the right foot "er-hem" stu ...
By Tn1115
I had a cobra DECAT pipe fitted had eml light on for secondary 02 sensor and went to dream automotive to get it mapped and it was mapped off. Running full boost with no problems. Mapping though, with no full live mapping solutions available as yet is still the way forward for more power. Had my car mapped to stage 1 with milltek race non res cat back, pipercross filter and forge intercooler at 373 bhp 361 lb ft since March last year and last summer had it mapped to stage 2 replacing th pipercross with an eventuri cold air intake and cobra downpipe which took it up to 383 bhp and 420+ lb ft still get 28-30 around town and 38 - 42 mpg on motorways. It is my daily drive and I have faced no problems with the car apart from stone chips.
By dweezle
Cracking open the ECU has voided any warranty, limited run of car means Honda would happily spank your wallet come any potential recalls
By Tn1115
Well so much for optimism coming from a fellow fk2r owner lol. I don't put any trust in honda. Most dealership mechanics rely on computers and electronics solely to resolve issues. Dream automotive know their stuff when t comes to this car and they have given me the impression and assurance that they are the best in the UK to take the car forward in terms of reliable power and after sales care. The ecu point you were making is irrelevant to me as dream and syvecs are so close to releasing a much anticipated stand alone ecu which provides custom mapping options so hybrid turbo or water meth become very real options to take the car to the next level. Suehiro Hasshi project leader for the fk2r had said the k20c1 was built well below its limits and honda had even intended to release with 380 bhp to the crank initially. It terms of limits I only have this to say: firstly it is built with aluminium pistons, forged conrods and a lightweight forged crankshaft. The similar setup of forged/reinforced parts off the shelf on a s2000 and most can hold their own up to around 600 bhp (stock block). As far as the clutch goes there are upgrades out there too. For me the fk2 the ultimate drivers hatchback, a nice base to tune and still retains practicality as long as it is looked after. I bought it to enjoy it, look after it and cherish the element of surprise against the "hyper hatches" and the m4/c63 class. For me if its just a quick car for daily use or for mediocre traffic light racing, lol the a45, golf r or something else with a bulky chassis in ratio to its power (*coughs* focus rs mk3) would be the car to get. For tuning capabilities and track use (the only car to have a purpose fulfilling aero kit) the fk2 r hands down.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]