The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sparky_edwards
Hi all

So is anyone eles pissd off with this? If you buy a super car its the first few cars that are the rare ones NOT the last. I feel like by putting my money down early by wanting one of the first batch I (we) have lost out.

Basicly we should have waited.

Mark
By EvoStu
Honda has never created a special edition model first.

EP3.
30AE to get rid of the last of the JDM interior parts before the facelift.

EP3.
Final run out model. To once again get rid of all JDM interior parts.

FN2.
Championship White edition
Mugen M200.

FK2.
Final edition to get rid of all remaining parts in stock.

Just the way it is unfortunately.
By Lewisgame
I wouldn't get too annoyed. You've got a fairly rare vehicle in comparison to it's competitors. If the new Type R becomes a flop (like the EP3 vs FN2 scenario) you could be owning the better car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By sparkysp
Lewisgame wrote:I wouldn't get too annoyed. You've got a fairly rare vehicle in comparison to it's competitors. If the new Type R becomes a flop (like the EP3 vs FN2 scenario) you could be owning the better car.

i already know im owning a better car i hate the new look of the fk2 the only thing i like is the bonnet cus it vents hot air out
By dweezle
What car are you looking at,
The black edition is identical apart from red spoiler fins, red accents on the dash, SE plaque, & 2 different coloured front seats
By Jktaylor87
I would always prefer a later model rather than an earlier one. Newer car with kinks ironed out. Seems a bit daft to me to think that earlier cars would be better/more desirable.

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Also newer cars can't be considered rarer can they? The first 100 and last 100 are exactly the same in terms of rarity!

By Jktaylor87
Also newer cars can't be considered rarer can they? The first 100 and last 100 are exactly the same in terms of rarity!

By dweezle
It's been the opposite way around with these cars 1st batch 15 plates are near faultless, 0 oil consumption, uk built engine, I would take a 15 plate over a late plate on this car
By sparkysp
same here 16 plate fault less none of the woes i read on here it is a black one thou and i know a cars got to be cock on otherwise black picks it out
By dweezle
It was around 65 plates where more issues were popping up & parts being delayed

Added in 24 seconds:
Jktaylor87 wrote:Where was the engine built on the later ones?

USA
By dweezle
Lol,
Yep it's a ballache, you're basically looking for a sheen rather than a big blob.
I keep a spare in a poster tube for my dips & removed the orange plastic, you're left with 2 holes which is where min & max was, can be tricky to guide in but easier to read
By gringosteve
I tend to hang on for the specials. The other way of looking at it is they are buying a run out model about to be devalued by a new model coming out

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]