The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By donnynsc
Hi, is the auto headlight means it will switch on/off itself or what?

Because mine seems like ON all time!

Thanks!
By Anderoo
donnynsc wrote:Hi, is the auto headlight means it will switch on/off itself or what?

Because mine seems like ON all time!

Thanks!
When it detects that it is dark outside it will turn the headlights on. It will also use full beam automatically if there are no street lights or car lights in front of you.

Plus it will leave the lights on when you lock the car and walk away, plus turn them on when you unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By donnynsc
It was bright daylight when my auto setting kept the headlight on. Is it because I also set the wiper to auto?

Thanks!
By GTR Racer
Auto wipers are different sensor to the headlights.

You got any dirt on the sensors that look through the windscreen? Can't think why else it would think it should have them on all the time.
By GTR Racer
If not just go to the Honda dealers and explain to them, they'll be on the case straight away and try and diagnose it for you.
By srewolf21
There is a known issue with the fk2 in the winter if the sun is at a certain angle they may come on even in bright sunshine. I tuck my 9th gen 2.2 cdti back and was told its normal. My fk2 does the same now winter is here. Was fine in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
By sparkysp
srewolf21 wrote:There is a known issue with the fk2 in the winter if the sun is at a certain angle they may come on even in bright sunshine. I tuck my 9th gen 2.2 cdti back and was told its normal. My fk2 does the same now winter is here. Was fine in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
i agree with this just do what i do and turn them on and off manual like cars used to be before this new fangled technology bring back the day of manual choke cables :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
By tomwillie
Essential to know that Auto Headlight function will not work in daylight mist & fog, you have to manually turn on lights if you want to be seen.
I only turn it on when driving at night, otherwise its off.
By Bryan-G-
They come on when you go over 30 something and go off when you drop back under. I have had a problem with the glass in front of the sensor steaming up and causing it not to work.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]