The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
So I thought I'd buy a forge inlet hose, you know the one from the airbox to the inlet manifold just for a bit of tarty red hose on the engine bay an rid of the standard black plastic one. Bit of a strangely ballache to fit but got it all on and the hoses fitted an all jubilee clipped on. I never expected any such performance gains or anything, but what I didn't expect is for my boost pressure to of dropped -_-

I used to get 1.2-1.3bar at most times, an occasionally in higher gears you'd see 1.4 an rarely 1.5, now I'm getting 0.9 to 1.0bar an at best I've seen it touch 1.1.

Is anybody else running one of these inlet hoses? Or have a rough idea as to why my boost pressure appears to of now dropped? I measured the diameter of the hose an it's the same size.
There was a thread about them on here I'm sure.

Aledgedly they collapse ever so slightly the effect of which is reducing pressure. Forge were redesigning them but I've not heard anything since.
Oh sound. Back to OEM it is for me then. I noticed on the website the hose has the two bungs like OEM does, where as mine doesn't have the same bungs/plugged holes, so I guess this is the redesign but it's not made any improvements. I must admit I was surprised how flimsy the hose actually was, I expected the material to be a little stiffer than what it actually is.
Oh god, I've just bought one! :Eek:

The 2nd generation one without the blanked off branches is supposed to have been reinforced to stop it collapsing.
Really don't like the look of the OEM one and didn't think the Forge one would make any difference other than look better.

I will report back if I get a boost drop when I get time to fit it.
When's yours coming mate? Be intrigued to find out if yours drops or anything at all. If it wasn't for the pitch blackness by the time I finish work all this week I'd whip the forge one off an drop the OEM back in an see if boost pressures returned to what they used to be.

I've just had a reply from Forge after I emailed them much the same as I put in this opening post on here.

'I can only think this is a coincidence - the inlet hose has no effect on boost pressure, and even leak here wouldn't affect boost as its on the 'sucking' side of the turbo rather than the boosting side. With a leak you might at worst get a MAF error, but i assume you have no check engine lights'
i have one fitted and no problems i also fitted a pipercross air filter as well at the same time (its the one with out the bungs )
i haven't noticed any drop in boost still make 1.4 and on a good day 1.6

maybe the pipercross releases the back pressure causing the hose to suck down the oem does have alot of give with its design

im happy with it as it made 313bhp on a rolling road recently 3bhp above standard although i saw standard cars only making 308 to 303 on the day :o(

stu ..
After typing the above I was musing along the same lines as Mr Stu.

I was wondering if the fact I have an Eventuri fitted; that is far less restrictive; means pipe walls won't be under as much pressure. The Forge intake pipe inserted walls are quite grippy to touch compared to the OEM hard plastic pipe, but not sure that would make any real difference to the flow of air?

The Forge pipe is sat in my office. The wife uses the car for work so only ever see it in the dark during the week.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]