The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By LargeyR
This confirms that the 9th Gen CTR will be a collectible in the future. [emoji106][emoji594][emoji100][emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By smartie
Actually looks decent from front on view. Then you see the rest. Jesus F Christ thats a mess.

Prototype? Will get even more ruined and cheap looking once in production......:(
By Helmigurt
The paint job is awesome! Love the car as a whole too. Only the dead front view is more impressive in our FK2.
By RichE
I'm quite pleased with that being a 9G owner, the rear is terrible. those tailpipes, and all that plastic honeycomb! Gotta look better in the metal.
By Helmigurt
So what's the ETA on this model? They will show the production model in Paris next year which means a late 2017 start - So in Austria early 2018 exactly 2 years after I got my FK2R. So change then or wait another 2 years for the facelift of the whole new Civic range and change then? btw does anybody know the internal chassis code for the new hatch?
By Dragonfall
It looks like someone from Mugen(known for their understated designs obviously :LOL: ) has taken acid and gone for it in a big way! :LOL:

As stated above the rear bumper is too busy, but I guess to reduce production costs things will be toned down come the production model.

The bonnet line looks really high and not as aero looking at the FK2. Give it a few months for the new design to sink in and I'm sure people will be equally enthusiastic as they were with the FK2.
By reeves999999
Aside from the rear-quarter angle I think the fk2 looks pants in pics. Yet whenever I look at mine in the flesh it looks great and wows me even after 6 months. Like the previous poster I think the 10th gen will grow on us in time and will be better in the flesh. I won't be buying unless 4wd though as 306bhp is already unusable in the wet.
By sparkysp
i dont like it the front looks like someone rips the headlight from a mustang and jumped on the bonnet to flatten it they addressed the over heating problem and fitted a decent bonnet scoop the rear looks horrible hate the plastic honey comb pieces just doesnt look right hate the fact they gone for 2 singles instead of my lovely twins
the only thing i like about it is the carbon bits on the lower trim and sides soooooo glad ive got a 9th now shes a keeper defo
By dweezle
The FK2 concept had a vented bonnet, so that will probably disappear, carbon if anything will be optional or the car will be ££££ with carbon as standard.
There's one angle that looks good but the rest isn't working for me, it hasn't got me excited enough to rush & stick a deposit on unlike the FK2 did.
The marketing for the FK2 was a brilliant build up to the car (even though they dragged it out) with this it doesn't feel special, it's more release the FK2 & here you go here's another. The Americans will be enjoying it though
By sp0192
Independent rear suspension by the looks of it. Its bigger too, the fk2 already feels big. Shame they've lost the "hidden" rear door handles, now going for a more mainstream 4 door look.
Not sure about the bulky front end either, I like the sharp front of the fk.
By DaveF1
I think it looks OK. I didn't like the pictures of the fk2 (the real fk2 not the prototype). But when i seen it in the showroom I think it looked great and I had to buy one.
I will have to see the real car up close and personal to know if I actually like it.
10th gen Looks a bit like that suburu hatchback from a few years ago that nobody liked

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
By mezmo
smartie wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:
The back does look truly hideous!

I don't mind a car looking aggressive but that looks shite and id be embarrassed to be seen driving it.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]