The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By jirka.sup
I become a little bit nervous from my gearbox. It works fine BUT sometimes if I am trying to change gear from 5th to 4th my gear shift has blocked in the middle and is unable to get there 4th gear. I have to release gear shift and then is possible to get there 4th gear.... I thought that my shifting motion is wrong but now after 1500km situation has not change.... Sad All other gears are without problem.... Does anybody heard about this issue ???
By HAMZAEP3
Check the shift cables connected to the gear box under the hood for play
Or you can undo the gear stick and take out the console and have a look for play in the 4 bushing
By Jktaylor87
Yea, this sounds more like a sloppy linkage problem rather than gearbox issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Crayfish
Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem myself, occasionally I cannot select 4th gear, I have to select a different gear an then retry. seems to go in fine then. Did you have any luck resolving the issue?
By Jimreidw13
I had the exact same problem, the type R is like a cirgical tool, precise.

I thought a had a problem until one day, every time I would select forth gear a would do it with a bit more umfff,a bit harder, to make sure even if it was going put resistance I would still be able to select the gear and go in gear, and a couple of times it did put resistance.

And now when a drive it seems to have gone, I do really concentrate when I put fourth gear and so far it's been all good, I think 4th needs to be precise, straight down.

I also remember I had it in neutral, then 3rd to 4th, and gave it a little wobble, gentle, just to make sure everything is ok.

To be honest it might just be wearing in, these cars are made to be ridden hard, how we drive ours day to day, is just tickling the thing, it's good to grab it by the scruff once in a while.

Added in 4 minutes 33 seconds:
Make sure you are pressing clutch from the middle, to middle bottom of the pedal, I had to get used to mine, sometimes my foot was too high and I was stepping almost on the metal arm.

Middle of the pedal straight down, since then I'm good, no 4th gear issues.
By jirka.sup
UPDATE: car has already 4700km on the dash and it seems that mentioned shifting problem is gone. Don´t know how and why but it is gone. So now I am happy with this car :-D

Thanks everyone for advice.
By GTR Racer
Anyone queried this at the dealers yet? It's a little annoying an mines doing it too.
By sp0192
Mine too, I have crunched 4th gear a few times driving normally, clutch fully depressed. It does seem to take more of an effort to select 4th than any other gear. Reluctant to go to the dealer though after what I went through last time. Mine's on 17k.
By jirka.sup
I did not informed dealer about my issue so no statement from Honda is available. I was decided to solve my issue myself. At the end it was not needed because problem disappeared itself..... But you guys are writing about crunchy gearing BUT this was not my issue. My issue was that I was not able to get there 4th gear directly from 5th gear. No crunchy noises anytime...... My problem was probably caused by linkage, but during 4000km it is OK so crunchy noises looks like some kind of clutch issue.......
By GTR Racer
Went to dealers other day an mentioned the 4th gear issue. My car being driven by the service manager said he also noticed this 4th gear issue at times when coming down the box. Also noted that the one he's now currently driving as well has the same issue. So he's raised an official Honda report and will let me know what goes on from there.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]