The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sp0192
The dealer has had my car for 3 weeks now, after the check engine light came on and after some investigation it turned out to be a broken wire within the engine wire loom. I mentioned this on the general chat thread.
I paid the dealer a visit today, just to check my car and get an update. They have my car in storage, gathering dust :cry:
Anyway, he said that it was probably a chafed wire that has eventually broke. They're technician has said that he could repair the brake but Honda won't let him, hence the need for a new loom which is being made and it could be another 2-3 weeks wait.
He also said that this could lead to a potential recall of FK2 Type R's.
This is not defiantly going happen but it could. So just a heads up really.
I wonder if there could be any measures taken to prevent this happening.
When I get the car back I'll ask for a detailed breakdown of work carried out. They seem to be doing everything they can and I have no complaints about the dealer. They have provided a hire car for the duration but seeing the car today, I just want to go for a blast! patience, patience
By Lewisgame
Unless it's a safety issue or an issue that becomes extremely common, I doubt it'll be a recall.
We've had similar issues at VW with some cars not even 6 months old with damaged wiring looms. Unfortunately because faulty wiring looms isn't a common problem, they're made to order which is why you have to wait a long time for it.
Praise for the technician for finding the issue, chances are you're car is in a lot of pieces to find that one wire. It gives us headaches finding issues like this.
By Loxy
The FN2 had a recall notice for the headlight wiring loom being routed incorrectly under an engine mount on some runs.

Dealer contacted me about it by letter.

It's not unheard of for Honda to issue these notices.
By Loxy
I've been asking around, a few people have had similar issues. Early adopters too.

Very well could be a recall on the books.
By Akula_Type-R
it would be helpful to know where it is exactly placed this wire, also with images, it is important to understand where it is.
By tompoyntz
Any update on this sp0192?

My car is in at the dealers right now, with an issue that seems to be the same. They're currently checking the wiring for a loose connection, as the suspected cause for the check engine light coming on.
By sp0192
Akula_Type-R wrote:@sp0192 when you bought your car? month, year ?
I got it in March this year. It was 1st registered in July 2015. The R number is around 280 from memory so I guess its one of the 1st batch.

Added in 9 minutes 45 seconds:
tompoyntz wrote:Any update on this sp0192?

My car is in at the dealers right now, with an issue that seems to be the same. They're currently checking the wiring for a loose connection, as the suspected cause for the check engine light coming on.
I was also getting intermittent power loss, as if there was no boost. The initial diagnostic scan showed a sensor issue related to the waste gate or dump valve.
They have said (the dealer) that one other car has had this issue i.e. a broken wire possibly due to rubbing.
The dealer has had my car for 3 weeks and it looks like another 2-3 week wait, very frustrating. Paying £££'s for a car I don't have.
Once they get the wiring loom from Honda it then takes 2 days to fit.
By sp0192
sp0192 wrote:
Akula_Type-R wrote:@sp0192 when you bought your car? month, year ?
I got it in March this year. It was 1st registered in July 2015. The R number is around 280 from memory so I guess its one of the 1st batch.

Added in 9 minutes 45 seconds:
tompoyntz wrote:Any update on this sp0192?

I was also getting intermittent power loss, as if there was no boost. The initial diagnostic scan showed a sensor issue related to the waste gate or dump valve.
They have said (the dealer) that one other car has had this issue i.e. a broken wire possibly due to rubbing.
The dealer has had my car for 3 weeks and it looks like another 2-3 week wait, very frustrating. Paying £££'s for a car I don't have.
Once they get the wiring loom from Honda it then takes 2 days to fit.
Just in case anyone was wondering, the dealer still has my car (7 weeks now). Honda head office (I have escalated this to the top) called them last week and they confirmed the loom was off back order and would be with them the following Thursday (yesterday).
So I call today, "sorry sir, still no news yet"
so I said "actually your wrong. Head office called you last week and you have the part, yes?"
she then put me on hold and then said "we have it, the tech will fit it Monday, sorry etc etc"
Very f*cked off now, nearly 2 months since issue and 7 weeks without car and being fed BS from the dealer.
I really miss the car and this is very unfortunate but I'm on the verge of demanding a refund + compo.
I do hope no one else has to go through this, I need reminding how awesome the FK2 is to drive!....and relax.
By veehexx
appalling timescales for a new car. i'm sure a full wiring loom isn't a shelf item and so would need to be made up (with original problem confirmed&corrected).
Hopefully you can enjoy the car once it's back with you, and these issues haven't made you completely uninterested.
Assuming no further issues, you'll get it back mid-week to enjoy this nice weather :)

Added in 17 minutes 22 seconds:
veehexx wrote:appalling timescales for a new car. i'm sure a full wiring loom isn't a shelf item and so would need to be made up (with original problem confirmed&corrected), but thats just taking too long
Hopefully you can enjoy the car once it's back with you, and these issues haven't made you completely uninterested.
Assuming no further issues, you'll get it back mid-week to enjoy this nice weather :)
By sp0192
Got the car back today. So the broken wire was at a plug. The wire was snapped where it goes into the plug, the tech showed me the old wire loom. I've only seen a break like that on an old car before, like a 1982 Fiesta. I wonder wether it got snagged during its 1st service in Jan or even in the factory, I guess I'll never know. Still, it took 9 months before it broke. (car was registered in July '15)
So check electrical connections in the engine bay for any loose wires would be my advice if anyone is concerned. FYI my car has covered 15k miles.
I'd forgot how bleedin fast these things are!
By tompoyntz
Excellent news that you've got your car back. Hopefully there'll be no more problems for you now.

I got my car back a couple of weeks ago too. The technicians found a loose connection where some wires went into a plug. They fixed the loose connection and let me have the car back. They said that they can't be certain that the loose connection was definitely the cause but that they were pretty confident.

Hopefully mine is sorted too. It's been fine since I've had it back but I don't want to tempt fate by saying it's definitely sorted.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By FK2ZA
Hi all, sorry for reviving this thread so long after it was posted. I bought a new FK2 a few weeks back and I am experiencing the check engine light, no boost and I can hear air escaping and not building up boost pressure. The error code was a turbo bypass valve. My dealer isn't great, they crimped some wires, replaced the valve but no luck. Now they want to replace the ecu. I cannot see the above picture of the wires. I would love to tell them where to look incase that's it, before I wait for a new ecu and that doesn't fix it.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]