The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By veehexx
not bad. noise level seems right, and from the very short camera-mounted-to-bumper clip, it's got the right noise I'd go for. much like everyone says about exhausts, video clips dont do them proper justice so i'm being hopeful its better in real life. kinda feels like it's like the standard system but louder..

just cant get over the key-fob operated valve, or the likely price (expecting £1600+). how much is too much in pursuit of a noise increase....

prices at http://www.remusuk.com/model.asp?id=Typ ... &man=Honda
£1488 and £1926 depending on tips..
By Vissa
Sounds much better to me than the Scorpion / Milltek. And I like the valve design a lot!

Normal driving, nice and quiet. When you want to, loud as f*. :D
By TypeRThomas
Vissa wrote:Sounds much better to me than the Scorpion / Milltek. And I like the valve design a lot!

Normal driving, nice and quiet. When you want to, loud as f*. :D
Precisely how it should be, with added pops and crackles.
By dweezle
Sounds better but I reckon there's better to come, I'm holding off until there's more on offer
By DaveF1
I want this system so much. It's just what I have been waiting for. Bit pricey but does sound good.

How much would these be to fit at tdi north? Anyone had any experience with these?
By veehexx
@DaveF1 i'd expect 2-3 hours fitment time.
i dont find it that pricy vs what we currently have. RRP is £1500 for the stainless tip (+£500 for the black tips is silly) which puts it into the milltek road+ (resonated) price bracket based off demon-tweeks pricing.
ok, 1.5k is still 1.5k, but comparatively off what we currently have, and the fact it's got an exhaust flap for two noise levels....

so far i've only seen good things about the remus brand, which certainly cant be said for milltek (and to some extent, scorpion)

Added in 2 hours 8 minutes 31 seconds:
TDI-N aren't messing about; https://tdi-north.myshopify.com/collect ... type-r-fk2
By DaveF1
veehexx wrote:@DaveF1 i'd expect 2-3 hours fitment time.
i dont find it that pricy vs what we currently have. RRP is £1500 for the stainless tip (+£500 for the black tips is silly) which puts it into the milltek road+ (resonated) price bracket based off demon-tweeks pricing.
ok, 1.5k is still 1.5k, but comparatively off what we currently have, and the fact it's got an exhaust flap for two noise levels....

so far i've only seen good things about the remus brand, which certainly cant be said for milltek (and to some extent, scorpion)

Added in 2 hours 8 minutes 31 seconds:
TDI-N aren't messing about; https://tdi-north.myshopify.com/collect ... type-r-fk2
Yeah I agree actually that it's competitively priced compared to the competition, especially as it has the the opening valves.
Think I was initially a bit frustrated as I want this on my car but quite find 1500 just yet to spend on a luxury. Got holidays planned and bills to pay for lol.

If it takes 2-3 hours to fit am I right in thinking this would cost about 150-180 to fit?
Just so i can budget and save up :)
By veehexx
DT do the remus brand, and also 0% finance if you fancy it on the tick. not sure what TDI north hourly rate is. i'm sure a quick call to them might be fruitful.
i'm wondering how the wiring for the valve gets through the car. based off the length of the wiring in pictures, the reciever box isnt waterproof so has to be internally mounted. I'd rather not have holes drilled in the floor..
By dweezle
Was also my concern, being wiring involved would a local garage attempt it
By Vissa
I can't imagine it to be a difficult wiring. Would be cool to see a fitting quide, but I think it will be very easy without any drilling etc.
By cookra
So, i've read a few posts on other sites.. What are our thoughts on voiding warranty if one of these is fitted. From what I can tell, it's a grey area...
By Loxy
As long as the cat is in place, the only thing you'll be voiding is the exhaust warranty.
By Loxy
sparky_edwards wrote:
veehexx wrote:DT do the remus brand, and also 0% finance
Who are they?
Demon Tweeks.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]