The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Andy Robson
Hi everyone I'm interested in any of your thoughts on having the deck of the rear spoiler carbon wrapped will look the same as the after market one but a fraction of the cost?
By veehexx
lifespan of the product seemed too short for me when i looked. upto 5 years seemed to be a common figure for vertical application. horizontal usage was more around 3 years i think. 3M had a product sheet of their scotchprint/DiNoC stuff. fwiw, dinoc is internal use, scotchprint is designed for external use on cars.
I'm still considering hydro graphic application but it is more permanent that the stick on stuff and i'm not sure how the PCP/HP terms allow for things like this if you do have to return the car. vinyl can just be pulled off.

i haven't looked specifically at it, but i think i felt some screw holes under the rear wing when i last washed it, so you should be able to take the end caps off and just have the fin itself to work with. Should be a fair bit easier to wrap if you go the vinyl option.

Added in 18 minutes 35 seconds:
Vissa wrote:Carbon wrap will never look as good as real carbon!
true: http://blog.ocarbon.com/2010/05/real-ca ... iber-wrap/ < looks like he's comparing it to the Di-Noc vinyl.
aside from the fact i dont like the glosy real CF look, the detail in the real stuff is very noticeable.

it's also £1500 for the real deal rear wing.
By sparky_edwards
I've done this. Firstly if your doing it yourself it takes aages and getting it to mold to the side fins is a bitch.

Now that said it does look quite good. However due to the speed you can do the wrap will always come off a little bit. So I was constantly re heating it to re apply.
And under the spoiler are some bolt cap things once off there ruined.

To be honest covering the mirror covers look better.
By Andy Robson
Hi had my spoiler & the tailgate decoration wrapped with 3M Carbon at seven s7ar wraps Stourbridge, great service great group of lads & only cost £100 & looks fantastic hell of a lot cheaper than £1900 Honda want for originals. I can't recommend them more highly
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]