The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sparky_edwards
So just took my type r in for its A service as it's done 8500 miles. And the dash was saying it was due.

Instead of doing just that they have done the A and B service. Basically the 12500 mile service. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

The bloke said the car tells them when it needs doing so they just followed that.

They may be contacting honda as there service plans may be at 8500 miles and not 12500. They just don't know as mine was the first one in.

This normal? Anyone else had it done yet?
By Dragonfall
You can read the saga of my Type R saying a service was due in another post thread on here. If you can be bothered check the '5 Year Service Plan' thread to see the grief I went through as Honda dealers don't seem to know how to service them.

Long story short ..... My A service is due in 100 miles and will be done this Saturday while I wait, with just over 9k on the clock.

It's a while I wait A service as they are just changing the oil and the B service will be done at the scheduled 12500 mile mark.

Looks like the A and B services will not sync with a lot of Type R owners.
By veehexx
"who better to service your car than the people who make it" :P (or was that another manufacturer using that line?)

if i were getting it serviced and they came back with that line, i'd be pretty pissed the main dealer doesn't know how to service their own kit, even more so when they have access to Honda tech support/dealer assist.
By Lewisgame
I'm guessing it's a similar set up to VW service intervals.
Fixed oil change is due every 10k miles or 365 days (which ever comes first). Or flexible which is around 18k miles and 730 days depending on oil evaluation.
Inspection is due every 20k or 365 days (whichever comes first)
What ends up happening is people on fixed servicing do 10k miles in say 10 months, but it's not due an inspection for another 2 months. It's a bit pointless doing the oil change and then coming back in 2 months for the inspection. Or if on flexible, do 16k miles and the inspection light comes on, no point just doing the inspection and coming back in 2k miles later for an oil change. Best try to tie it into one.
In short, manufactures have made servicing difficult. For them, it means you have to visit them at least once, if not twice a year for servicing. Giving them more opportunity to make money out of you. Sometimes the garage combining the 2 parts of the service schedule onto 1 is probably doing you a favour. Servicing the car prematurely is far better than doing it late.
By nav786_nitro
@sparky_edwards Ignoring your 8500 miles for a second how close were you to the 12 months?

Added in 43 seconds:
My A service will be due at 5000 miles which is even more amusing
By nav786_nitro
Hmmm wierd they did both services. My A service will be in April by the looks of things @5000 miles and my 12 months is in July. So effectively I should be having my A service in April and B service in July. Will let you know what happens.

@sparky_edwards I assume you had the service plan so you didnt pay?
By sparky_edwards
Yeah I got the service plan. I Questioned that as well. Because if the services stay at the same rate it will only be for 4 years and not the 5 it states.

I did get a message from the service manager saying he had contacted honda direct and he now knows what's going on. I'll let you all know what he says.

To be honest I'm not sure they know what they are doing.
By nav786_nitro
I thought the service plan was based on 5 years and mileage and you could have as many services within that period. I guess no one knows lol. We are the guinea pigs.
By Dragonfall
The utter farce that is Honda ownship is beyond a joke now.

The entire saga leading up to me telling them it's needs an oil change only A service.

Justi waited 1 1/4 hours for a oil change when the car was booked weeks ago as 1st job at 8:30am while I wait.

Then I get charged £173.00 for the privilege which I obviously refuse to pay a having got the Service Plan.

I check the service book .... Not stamped, I go back in and asked to get it stamped in the SvRS section on page 41 and they tick the A service option.

I get home and think to check the car maintenance menu.
The B service only shows now and has been reset to 12500 miles. Beneath it is an Oil Can symbol.
The paper service sheet says the next service is due on 01/08/16 (12 months from Registration).

Is the B service due annually (Page 41) regardless of mileage as we are high mileage owners or 12500 miles, which will be due in 2800 miles

Who/Where do I contact to find out when the car is next due a Service according to Honda's official schedule as my Dealer seems utterly clueless. I just want to know what's correct. :Dies:

Added in 48 minutes 44 seconds:
While sat waiting a guy came in who you would normally see driving a BMW with icons hanging off the rear view mirror.

The guy looks dodgy as feck. Scruffy jabbering really quickly and can stand or sit still. Honesty looks like he has just snorted a few lines of Coke before coming into the Dealership.

He announces that he is here to take the Type R on a weekend long test drive.
The salesman is super polite and says that doesn't happen . The guy claims its all organised and approved.
The guy is sat bouncing both his legs on the balls of his feet like a Kangaroo, shuffling and looking everywhere at once.

Sales manager comes over to deal with him, and the spiel the guy gives is hilarious.
Ford Focus RS, Golf R, Megane RS ..... He has been allowed all of these cars to test drive for an entire weekend and he cant believe Honda won't let him do the same.
He was promised a weekend test drive, his wife and family are going to gutted and it's disgusting that Honda are treating him with such disrespect. He thinks the Golf R is boring and really wanted to drive the Type R properly and looks better than the Focus ST he test drove ... Corrects himself ...Oh sorry I meant the RS.
He goes on and on hopscotching around like Zebedee from the magic roundabout, saying they had better make this up to him blah, blah, blah. Listened to 20 minutes of this theatre going on.

He ended up going on a normal accompanied test drive, being told Honda will not let him have the car for a weekend under any circumstances regardless of what other dealers did. There is no way I would let him drive a Honda Jazz let alone a Type R jacked up like he was.

Ever sat there just wanting to scream at an utter bullshitter to shut up as he's making himself look like an utter tool?

I shook my head at the sales manager who let a little smirk slip
By dweezle
£173 for oil & filter, Christ, what's a full service going to cost
By nav786_nitro
What was there excuse for charging you bud?

I am not looking forward to my A service now after this. Dont these guys do any training. I have spoke to Honda re this and as far as I am aware the B service will be at the annual time from registration or 12500 which ever comes first.

Best place to contact I have found is Honda on Facebook. Always respond and plus you can name and shame them.
By Dragonfall
The excuse was ..... "Your car isn't listed as having the Service Plan on the system".

Me ..... "Remember the blue Type R demo you had .... That's it with the 5 year Sevice plan"

Tap, tap, tap on the keyboard ... "Oh yes the VIN numbers match" and rips off the invoice sheet.

I've been led to believe Honda service is premium, but they are by far the worse Dealership I've ever dealt with. Every point of contact and dealing brings up utter incompetence.

When you other owners go into the Maintenence menu ... Is Service A or B listed there?

Find it odd that the B service is now showing with 12500 miles which is mileage that would be showing if it was on a fixed schedule and had just been reset.
By dweezle
Check your oil level, past experience with a Honda dealer once saw mine a whole litre over
By nav786_nitro
Driving back from Birmingham and finally the spanner and A symbol came up on the screen. Which means at 4373 miles I will need my Service A which is the oil change. I believe I hold the record for the lowest miles recorded for the first oil change so far lol.

Going to give 2 local Honda garages a call on Monday and see which has clue how to service a Type R lol.
By Loxy
Checked the A service indicator on mine tonight after reading this.

It's due in 5,300 and I'm on 4620 miles. That will end up being around 1-2 months before it is 12 months old I reckon.
By nav786_nitro
Called Brindley Honda Wolverhampton this morning. Spoke to the servicing department. Told the lady on the phone car has the spanner, car and A symbol showing which is the oil and filter change. Lady said that was fine booked me in for 2nd April no other questions asked.

Lets see what they do to it on the 2nd April. Will keep you guys posted.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]