The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Vissa
beatz wrote:Hi All,

New to this forum as I bought my first ever type-R couple of weeks ago.

I love the attention it earns especially on motorways bikers give thumbs up like i gave them room but it is actually aimed at my car

The first day i took her on the m25 for a little ride and i see an RS3 pull up next to me, beeping and doing all sorts of indications to race me.. I ignored him completely as the CTR was new :Confused:

Hope you guys are enjoying yours!
Well, you saved yourself some whooping, those RS3's are insane fast from 0 and at rolling sprints, no way you would have won that. On a track or some nice curved roads you would eat the RS3 though! Not a chance against the CTR! 8-)

Added in 2 minutes 49 seconds:
Mic4as wrote:So what is the point of having a hot hatch when you are worried about the tyres? Or maybe you can't actually aford the runing costs of CTR. I don't get it...
No matter the forum I'm on, there are always people complaining about service / running costs of a hot hatchback. I have the same opinion like you, if you don't have the funds to afford the running costs, why on earth do you get one? :roll: :lol:
By nav786_nitro
You guys clearly didnt read my posts and I feel its past your intellectual ability anyway.

I dont know how you guys know how much money I have. Are you all mystic megs or something. Damn you cant right anything on this forum. You either get a "Focus RS lovers response" or a "Mystic Meg" response.

Right guys new rules on the forum no more comments about pricing to do with you servicing, exhausts, tyres, brakes etc. You all should have thought about the cost before you got the car. I wont talk about my cars that I have owned in the past, a45 amg, civic sir2, prelude type S, FN2 Type R. I obviously dont have the money to run my Fk2.
By Dragonfall
Nav ..... Have you noticed, forums & social media .... Everyone is so hyper critical about people's comments, films, car choices and the list goes on.

People have lost the ability to accept we are all different and just roll with it.

Not seen you complain once about running costs, like me you obviously choose who you want to be bothered shredding tyres and burning fuel against. I wasn't going to waste fuel and tyres against the Polo Gti I cam across yesterday, it funnier to just pull in and let them fly past looking smug.

Promise I won't mention my Citroen Cactus diesel I owned before again!
By nav786_nitro
Thats exactly it Dragonfall. Why waste my hard earned money on some chav in a corsa or a corporate asswipe in a Focus RS. If I had an evo fq440 pull next to me or a GTR, I would defo race them even though I know I would lose, the experience would be just thrilling.

If I wanted to drive like a complete maniac I could, hell Ive got enough money to buy these tyres 10x over every month. But I am a bit more humble then that. I would rather pass that money onto the less fortunate people who dont even have a car. Hey I forgot though we are on the "Rich Spoilt Brats" forum who have got more money then sense.

Citreon Cactus bet that was prickly lol.

Ok back to the topic, I had some guy record me today on his phone whilst he was driving. He was driving a Sub8 seat cupra, I liked it. Nice little small hatchback, subtle, real wolf in sheeps clothing. Gave me thumbs up, nice guy. Unlike some people on here.
By Cat
Mine's had sod all attention. :lol:

Had a couple of guys in Scoobys say "nice car" in passing at the supermarket. The kids at my work all thought it was my hubbies not mine but had a couple of their Dads comment on it. Had one modded up Civic pass me and beep their horn and flash hazards (I'd been driving 5 hours and had no inclination to show them its potential acceleration).

Sad times. :P
By nav786_nitro
Ahhh the beep of the horn and hazards technique, usually a "Lets race" signal that is lol.

I popped to dominos pizza on Saturday and some kids were outside probably about 12ish. They were like can we take some photos next to the car. I was like sure, reminded me of my youth, then again we didn't have smartphones, lucky sods!
By beatz
Vissa wrote: Well, you saved yourself some whooping, those RS3's are insane fast from 0 and at rolling sprints, no way you would have won that. On a track or some nice curved roads you would eat the RS3 though! Not a chance against the CTR! 8-)
True..I only just checked the specs of RS3 wow, family hatchbacks are becoming family super cars :lol: :lol:
By TypeRThomas
Passed a Focus ST earlier in slow-moving traffic. The blonde woman driving it watched me all the way past with a hurt/awed expression.

I couldn't stop from saying to myself: 'Yeah, that's right'.

Added in 3 minutes 17 seconds:
Cat wrote:Mine's had sod all attention. :lol:

Feel for you mate. Get it round your local McDonalds drive through for easy attention points!!
By TypeRThomas
Cat wrote:Mine's had sod all attention. :lol:

Feel for you mate. Get it round your local McDonalds drive through for easy attention points!!
By nav786_nitro
[quote="TypeRThomas"]Passed a Focus ST earlier in slow-moving traffic. The blonde woman driving it watched me all the way past with a hurt/awed expression.

I couldn't stop from saying to myself: 'Yeah, thats right"

You know the ladies love it!
:Hihi:
By Dragonfall
After a hideous day of employee related grief ....... The sheer quality of this thread has made me chuckle!

Just imagine if you owned a Ford RS. You'd have to carry a piece of wood in the car to beat off the totty throwing themselves at it!! :LOL:
By Loxy
Had someone filming me while I was on the motorway coming to work this morning. It is a bit odd...
By Andy Robson
I test drove a Audi RS3 before buying my type r the acceleration of the RS was crazy plus the exhaust sounded fantastic but I didn't like the handling it didn't turn in as well as the type r it under steared. But the biggest turn off was after I looked at the price after adding a few options the price hit 46 grand so not worth the price.
By TypeRThomas
Stopped for fuel earlier and a fellow pulled up literally slack-jawed, looking out of his side window as he rolled past. He then approached and just stared from about three angles. Said he'd never seen anything like it in his life. When he came to pay for his fuel he had to be called twice from the queue as he was still staring.

Ten minutes later as I drove onto a secure compound I had stares and questions from the security guards! One of them mentioned that it was the first one he'd seen, which isn't surprising.
By Helmigurt
TypeRThomas wrote:Stopped for fuel earlier and a fellow pulled up literally slack-jawed, looking out of his side window as he rolled past. He then approached and just stared from about three angles. Said he'd never seen anything like it in his life. When he came to pay for his fuel he had to be called twice from the queue as he was still staring.

Ten minutes later as I drove onto a secure compound I had stares and questions from the security guards! One of them mentioned that it was the first one he'd seen, which isn't surprising.
I have ten of these stories now in the month of ownership - at fuel stations, red lights, everywhere asking how much and power. Also had the car at the valet parking last weekend at a fancy hotel in Vienna and the guy congratulated me later on it and asked questions. (He stalled it though at first try..)
By dweezle
Loxy wrote:Had someone filming me while I was on the motorway coming to work this morning. It is a bit odd...
I've had that happen, lads in a work van following me for about 10mins holding up his Ipad, I slowed down to come off the carriageway they accelerate past still filming, you feel a tad proud but really uncomfortable at the same time :lol:
By TypeRichie
It's so strange, I haven't had a single guy comment on the car but 2 women come up and ask me a load of questions about it! Not sure whether it's envy, plenty of blokes have looked and taken sly photos but none have said owt.

Oh and when I parked it up the other this group of kids came over and told me I have a "sik" car. Don't remember reading that comment in any of the reviews.
By FritzGT
Must admit that after just a week of ownership can't believe the attention my type r gets. Even police passing have had a good stare. Worried i may cause an accident with all the people swan necking :-) loads of positive comments young and old. 3 old guys jaws dropped at my local golf course when i was pulling out of space. Does make me a little paranoid some times though. Fantastic car though, still pops up with nice little features everytime i drive it. Love the insane looks which wouldn't look out of place on a starting grid on the BTCC. Well done honda for not being conservative and boring like recent hot hatch manufacturers.
By Fierce
If only my Tinder account had as much attention... :twisted:

Seriously though, lots of attention. Similar to my Brera S which was also a bit of a novelty in it's time...
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]