The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By TypeRThomas
Okay, if we're honest here, you don't buy an FK2-R if you're the shy, retiring, 'please don't notice me' type.

I've had the car for over 24 hours now and I've been stopped by at least three people who love it, I've been nodded at as I drove past a fellow, I've had countless people turning and watching, I've had two people blatantly standing a waiting to hear it when I turn it on, and I had some teenage kid almost fall off his bike as he watched me crawl past.

One gent spent a few minutes at the petrol pump, talking cars. He told me I just needed a Batman suit now. I told him I actually had one and was quite tempted to wear it!

I'm really enjoying the love, and appreciate the enthusiasm. How are the rest of you getting on... any funny stories?
Last edited by TypeRThomas on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Vissa
People stopping their car and making photo's. Or kids pulling out their phones to make a video.

Only complaint is the exhaust sound, it sounds like nothing. I think it's the dullest sounding hatchback out there right now. Even my J VXR had more sound in it. 4 big pipes, small exhaust note. Nobody is impressed when I rev it, embarassing it is.
By nav786_nitro
I kinda disagree was with my mate the other day. He was behind me in his normal civic, about 4 cars behind and I pulled up next to a VXR at the lights. Testosterone ruled and I put the foot down in +R mode and all he could hear was my car.

I do think the car makes loads more noise in +R mode and wastegate noise is 3x as loud. Ive tested in a few tunnels in Birmingham. The car in normal mode sounds to subtle.

It's a unique sound and not subaru chavyy like. However i would love to get some pops and crackles one day.
By CTR-FK2
Dashcam hardwired in, sometimes I forget to turn it off when parked, surprising to see the numbe of people who gawp at or photograph the car.
By Vissa
nav786_nitro wrote:I kinda disagree was with my mate the other day. He was behind me in his normal civic, about 4 cars behind and I pulled up next to a VXR at the lights. Testosterone ruled and I put the foot down in +R mode and all he could hear was my car.

I do think the car makes loads more noise in +R mode and wastegate noise is 3x as loud. Ive tested in a few tunnels in Birmingham. The car in normal mode sounds to subtle.

It's a unique sound and not subaru chavyy like. However i would love to get some pops and crackles one day.
Does the stock exhaust have a valve in it? I almost can't imagine.

My R is parked in the garage and when I start her up, it remains fairly silent. Pressing the R button doesn't make a difference. If I started up my J VXR all hell broke loose because of it's overfueling cold start. After 30 sec it also became fairly silent, but the cold start was a blast. With the R I almost don't hear it. :)

Saw a video from what I think is a user on here with a Milltek Race and HCTR downpipe and Forge DV. It makes one hell of a noise, but it's not the sound I would like. Sounds like it's farting, personally not a fan of the Milltek systems.

By andrew.marks
I had the nod from a type r owner when I was picking mine up..I hadn't even driven off the forecourt nd he approached me saying its awesome..I just love it..wouldn't buy any other make [emoji108]
By dweezle
Not a fan of milltek either, workmate has one on his Fn2 & it's as you say sounds farty,
Also why does every vid have to play music over clips, it's annoying as hell when you're trying to get an idea on noise levels, before & after comparisons is all it needs
By Loxy
veehexx wrote:heard the road+?

shame it's a stupid price :(
Was slightly excited to hear a clip of one that wasn't the Race System, but that sounds abysmally droney on overrun. That would get on my tits on the motorway.
By veehexx
Loxy wrote:
Was slightly excited to hear a clip of one that wasn't the Race System, but that sounds abysmally droney on overrun. That would get on my tits on the motorway.
I didn't hear that on the few times I listened to it, but now you've pointed it out I agree with the overrun drone. I've decided to hold out for an induction kit rather than DIY it and then exhaust maybe after that.
By sparky_edwards
I've also been filmed. Bit wired really.

What I've found is everyone wants to race you. From white vans to mopeds. ST owners love it the most.

When I had my tyres done there was a lot of selfies being done by the tyre fitters.
By veehexx
not had many race attempts yet. just the one that comes to mind; a skoda estate thing. a bunch of guys in a focus through the m42 VSL camera area had a really good look, but couldn't give them what they wanted ;)
The car gets plenty of looks but as someone who likes to be low profile, i feel very self conscious and aware of it. At least it's the good attention though :)
By Dragonfall
I had a VW Polo Gti getting very fruity this afternoon, he was so close I assume he was trying to mount my rear end.

I did the honourable thing and floored it to clear the traffic, pulled into the left lane and waited for him to fly by when he caught up. No doubt in the pub tonight he will be telling the tale of how he dispatched me. :LOL:
By beatz
Hi All,

New to this forum as I bought my first ever type-R couple of weeks ago.

I love the attention it earns especially on motorways bikers give thumbs up like i gave them room but it is actually aimed at my car

The first day i took her on the m25 for a little ride and i see an RS3 pull up next to me, beeping and doing all sorts of indications to race me.. I ignored him completely as the CTR was new :Confused:

Hope you guys are enjoying yours!
By nav786_nitro
Yeah I agree hate that, I get it loads in Birmingham.I had a VXR pull up next to me today and the guy was waving at me to put my foot down. I was like mate these tyres dont come cheap so unless your in something worth racing I will let you crack on. I aint wasting my tyres on Vauxhalls and Ford's. So I let him win prat!
By Mic4as
So what is the point of having a hot hatch when you are worried about the tyres? Or maybe you can't actually aford the runing costs of CTR. I don't get it...
By nav786_nitro
First of all bud theres a time and a place.

Secondly its my car and my tyres. I do what I want with it. My business.

You can do whatever you like your business bud. I couldn't care less.
By TypeRThomas
I'm parked up and sat outside a pub in the sun. Had a group of about six in their early twenties ogling and taking pictures (of the car, not of me). Heard one of the girls say she wasn't sure about the spoiler.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]