The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Lewisgame
Less than a second slower. Also on a small track with some tight corners which FWD will always struggle against AWD. Type R performs better on more open tracks where it can maintain a higher speed.
By wHAmEz
I think FWD is fine on Tsukuba. Plenty of old Best International videos where the FWD beats AWD.
By 991SG
FD2R did better then FK2R in tsukuba. Dont forget Fk is improve version of FN. so the next gen jdm type R will be the best
By Dragonfall
Having seen that video I am ashamed to drive my Type R and won't sleep properly tonight. :Waks:

I may have to wear a paper bag while driving it and may consider selling it! :Cry:

Does anyone watch these meaningless videos and actually care? :LOL:
By Helmigurt
Dragonfall wrote:Having seen that video I am ashamed to drive my Type R and won't sleep properly tonight. :Waks:

I may have to wear a paper bag while driving it and may consider selling it! :Cry:

Does anyone watch these meaningless videos and actually care? :LOL:
Only the couch race car drivers who cannot afford such a car anyways and will then proceed to tell you how their 10 year old clunker is the best car in the world and modern cars aren't built like that any more.
By TypeRThomas
Haha.

The Evo X is held in sky-high regard in 'car' circles. Personally I'm delighted that the FK2R fared so well.

The FK2R lost a solitary second against it, but consider how much better the interior and onboard equipment is and there's just no contest.
By 991SG
TypeRThomas wrote:Haha.

The Evo X is held in sky-high regard in 'car' circles. Personally I'm delighted that the FK2R fared so well.

The FK2R lost a solitary second against it, but consider how much better the interior and onboard equipment is and there's just no contest.
So far in asia, stock FD2R has been performing better then stock STI and Evo.

Recently local racing team in malaysia tested the FK, it was few second slower compare to the FD.

Conclusion drawn, tyres(RE070 vs CSC6) and gear ratio may play a part.

Changing the tyre to should let the FK do better then its competitor.

Anyone change tyres to pilot sport cup 2? Any review? I thinking of changing to it.
By veehexx
plenty of talk about the PSC2 tyres, but i dont think anyone has needed to do the jump quite yet.
edit: just seen the price. £50 more than CSC6's. interms of replacement costs, they're going have to last 9-10k miles.
By Lewisgame
It's not a decent start for the Type R. It'll never beat the Golf R off the line with launch control and DSG, but banging the limiter for too long won't help the Civic.
Rolling start from say 20-30mph, I would expect it to be pretty tight with the Golf R just having the edge.
By Dragonfall
I reckon I would have stood a chance against that guy driving the Type R in my 1.6 diesel Despatch Van! :LOL:
Last edited by Dragonfall on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By DaveF1
Dragonfall wrote:I reckon I would have stood a chance against that guy driving the Type R in my diesels Despatch Van! [emoji38]
Agreed. It was a poor start he drove rubbish lol
By Akula_Type-R
the type r driver dont do a perfect lap, this is what he says, look in this original video below here.
CTR could be down by other 0.3 / 0.5 sec, so the correct time should be 1.07 i think.

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]