The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By sp0192
thanks for that, always a gamble blowing £££'s on new boots but I kinda knew the PSS's would be good. The Avon's aren't bad, but I would rather not risk another slide in the wet, I even provoked a slide in the dry exiting a roundabout, a buttock clenching moment in a car like this. Funny though, my previous car was a Fiesta ST 180 and that would slide about a lot, but you could easily catch it, a very playful/adjustable chassis.
By Dan_
I got Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3 fitted a few week ago and done 500miles in them.
Dry grip is just as good as the contis and the wet grip is miles better!! Lot more confident in damp and wet conditions now.
Wear I'll have to wait and see but can't be any worse than the 5500miles I got off the contis surely?!

So far I won't be going back to contis!

By dweezle
I see you have the annoying white dot as well, it bloody annoys me, its the 1st thing I see when I go out
By Dan_
Yeah same here [emoji23]

Might have to come up with something to cover it up!
By sp0192
got messed about so cancelled my order. I'm not over confident with the call centre's communication skills! what ever, not fussed. those Goodyears look damn good!
By sp0192
Went for P Zero's in the end, they feel bloody good. The car feels more "supported" and less crashy. Much better in the wet too. I ended up with K1 spec, i.e. Ferrari spec Pirelli's. Not intentional.
Is it me or does anyone else think that FK2 tyres should be 245 not 235? Its as if Honda got it wrong.
By Loxy
I'm not saying Honda got it wrong at all, but 235s just don't look to sit on those rims correctly IMHO.

The best I've seen for fit are pretty much the OEM CSC6s. :lol:

I'll be getting 245s when the time comes and probably Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
By Helmigurt
sp0192 wrote:Went for P Zero's in the end, they feel bloody good. The car feels more "supported" and less crashy. Much better in the wet too. I ended up with K1 spec, i.e. Ferrari spec Pirelli's. Not intentional.
Is it me or does anyone else think that FK2 tyres should be 245 not 235? Its as if Honda got it wrong.
Did you go for 235? Can you post pics as P Zeros are usually quite wide.
By sp0192
I went for 235 although I'm starting to think 245 should be default size. 7mm increase in overall circumference, only 3.5mm in the tread and a tyre will lose 10-12mm overall through wear before its due for replacement. (correct me if I'm wrong!)
I bought the car used with Avon's fitted so I have no experience of the CS6's (except for a brief demo test drive) but I believe they are the best fit, also worst wearing.
These Pzero's are good, grippy, compliant and feel great in the wet. They can "drone" a tad when cruising at around 50-60 mph however, not as quiet as the Avon's. £128 fitted.
The tyre conundrum continues.....but overall I am pleased with my choice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By DaveF1
I always had Eagle f1's on my evo 6. Was a brilliant tyre. Think they look good on the type r too.
I think though I will be getting the contis again or super sports when the time comes to change...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
By Helmigurt
sp0192 wrote:I went for 235 although I'm starting to think 245 should be default size. 7mm increase in overall circumference, only 3.5mm in the tread and a tyre will lose 10-12mm overall through wear before its due for replacement. (correct me if I'm wrong!)
I bought the car used with Avon's fitted so I have no experience of the CS6's (except for a brief demo test drive) but I believe they are the best fit, also worst wearing.
These Pzero's are good, grippy, compliant and feel great in the wet. They can "drone" a tad when cruising at around 50-60 mph however, not as quiet as the Avon's. £128 fitted.
The tyre conundrum continues.....but overall I am pleased with my choice.
Hmm they look the same as the Conti 6s. Is there anybody already with 245 wide tyres driving around?
By Dragonfall
9,000 miles later, my front tyres are now have between 3- 3.5mm left on them. Really pleased with the way they've worn considering I don't hang about in it. Drove to Wales and back on Friday in torrential rain and standing water and the tyres were absolutely fine considering they are so worn.

The rears are just over 4mm, so now going to fit a full set of 245/35/ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the next few weeks.
By WoodyzR
What have you currently got on the front Dragonfall?

Not the original Conti's???
By RSmith1992FK2
Yeah what are you running dragonfall? I reckon I'm going go for the Super Sports when my contis are chewed, I've only heard good things about the super sports
By sparkysp
veehexx wrote:compooter says 4% is the increase from 235 to 245 (10mm)... i'm going with "well within engineered tolerances" :)
surely the wider the tyre the less pressure you have pressing the tyre to the road/less grip ????
By Dragonfall
I'm on my 2nd set of CS6,s.

If you look at the 1st post in this thread, you'll see I changed the 1set at 6,800miles.

Loxy has gone for 245 Sup Sports .... Good enough for me. :Woot:
By Akula_Type-R
went the 245 will lose a bit acceleration :D
By john e
This is a question for Dan , I am looking at putting the assymetric 3's on my car and as you are currently running on them I was wondering how they are performing longevity, grip etc. and how they stack up against the conti 6's which are in my opinion a cracking tyre but if only they would give you real world 8 to 10000 miles avg , I am currently looking at 6500 on a car just less than a year old .
By dweezle
Cracking tyres, superb grip & I'm very impressed in the freezing conditions
By john e
Take it these are what you're running with,how many miles have you done on them and in what time
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]