The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By dweezle
Had them fitted since around spring time, my contis were giving up around the 3-4k mark, I'm now around 9500
By sparkysp
Dragonfall wrote:9,000 miles later, my front tyres are now have between 3- 3.5mm left on them. Really pleased with the way they've worn considering I don't hang about in it. Drove to Wales and back on Friday in torrential rain and standing water and the tyres were absolutely fine considering they are so worn.

The rears are just over 4mm, so now going to fit a full set of 245/35/ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the next few weeks.
have you fitted these yet and how you getting on with them dragon
By xonics
Hey all,

Just wondering how everybody is getting on with their non-CSC6's? I've stuck with the CSC6's for three sets now, wondering if it is time for a change.
By GTR Racer
3 sets? Did you not learn from the first?! Haha!

Switched to AD08R's an there's no looking back for me.
By xonics
That's 3 including the set it came with, I've done 16k so far. Rears haven't been done yet, didn't plan to change until all four needed changing.

What sort of mileage do you get on your AD08R's?
By GTR Racer
I see, never thought to swap them around to get full use age out of all 4 at once?

Only had them on for a thousand so far. I managed 6.5k to my set of CS6's, but so far it's like night an Day, difference, even in the wet which has came as quite a surprise. Got mine from tyreleader (cheapest by far for AD08R's)an then went to a local garage to get them fitted.
By xonics
Nah, never been one for rotating tyres lol.

I'll have a look at tyreleader, couldn't find the AD08's on oponeo or black circles.
Although to be honest I've not found the CSC6's a problem, I'm pleased with how the tyre behaves, just thought I'd maybe try something different.

Added in 24 minutes 20 seconds:
Figured out why I didn't find the AD08's earlier, they have a lower load and speed rating than the stock tyre - so that's a no go in my book. Speed rating I could live, but not load (at least without first double checking the manual).

Sounds like I'm back on the hunt :)
By eastsoutheast
On average how many miles are rears delivering? I only expect 5 to 6k from the fronts but if the rears last twice as long I will buy CS6's again for the front and then change all 4 to Goodyear AS3's (have on my modified mini and love these tyres). If the rears last longer than double the fronts I will swap front to rear when the fronts are 50% worn.

Thanks
By xonics
I've done 16k and still on the first set of rears, still got plenty of tred left - can't say how many mm at the moment though.
By tomwillie
Michelin web site for 245/35 ZR19 93(Y) recommends Pilot Sport 4S tyre which Blackboots have confirmed is replacing the Super Sports.

With load rating of 93 compared to oem 91 the oem tyre pressures could be reduced, refer XL in:
https://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static/f/ ... lation.pdf

Useful rough check on tyre pressures is to check cold in shade then immediately go for minimum 5 miles drive then check hot tyre pressures. If increase in pressure is greater than about 4 psi tyres are underinflated & "over" heating. If increase in pressure is less than about 4 psi tyres are overinflated & not heating enough.

I've run the oem Conti's 2psi lower than recommended & for normal road driving one up the tyre wear is even back & front. This is another check that tyre pressures are about right.
By xonics
Front's and rear's are nearly gone so bit the bullet and bought four Michelin Pilot Super Sports, get them fitted next weekend :)
By sparky_edwards
So boys and girls quick update

I used a depth gague on my tyres and after 8897 miles they still have 4.5mm on the outer edges and 5mm in the middle.

Not bad going a : )

Mark
By dweezle
Goodyear assy 3s, not let me down once even spirited B rd driving in soaking conditions
By Chrissycnufc31
dweezle wrote:Goodyear assy 3s, not let me down once even spirited B rd driving in soaking conditions
Better than the contis?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
By dweezle
Loads,
I only got 3-4k out of the contis, contis were good in the summer but started slipping on roundabouts, the assy 3s stick in any weather
By Nathan2811
Just thought I'd put my 2pence in as well..

Got around 7k out of the conti 6s which by the sounds of things isn't so bad (I was told 8k when i brought it) but finally had to change.

Hopefully you can see the picture I've uploaded but thats before v after. After being 245/35 goodyear eagle f1s assymetric. Wasn't done by honda themselves but is going in on Friday so if they have any comments on changing the size I'll pass them on.

Hopefully they'll last longer than the contis, I'll report back how they feel on the road..

Nathan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
By dweezle
You won't be disappointed, cracking tyre. I'm surprised you got that much out of the contis
By FletchUK
Having a set of the Eagle F1's fitted tomorrow too. Stuck with the 235/35 though.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]