The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By WoodyzR
Has anyone stumbled over any seat covers which are a good fit?

Being used as a daily driver wouldn't mine one for the drivers seat. I owned a EP3 30th Anniversary Edition with the red Recaros and they did used to get fairly dirty with every day use, until I purchased a seat cover.

They are such nice seats to spoil, but on the other hand they also need to be showed off.
By Matt_Holderness90
might sound silly but i have 2 universal racing seat covers - Superman ones lol...they fit pretty well. slide over the main part of the seat, then tied behind with little straps. Have helped my seat, still not a scratch on it and i drive my car everyday! :)
By lugz7192
Anyone know anywhere that do type r seat covers that have type r on them?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By john e
Hi
Capital seating have done a cover for the fk2 in either black or red ,don't think they could do Type r logo on account of copyright issues, could be wrong though.
By TheJtimex
Hi lugs. I know a company that might help. Seatskinz in Wigan. They will design whatever you like and with any logos you prefer. Worth giving them a ring.
By TheJtimex
Hi woody. Check out the pics I have put on the forum. Seatskinz in Wigan do real quality seat covers for the fk2.Mine are on order.
By TheJtimex
Hi John. Check out my pics of what seatskinz in Wigan can do for seat covers for the fk2. Quality job. I've just ordered some.
By RichE
TheJtimex wrote:Hi woody. Check out the pics I have put on the forum. Seatskinz in Wigan do real quality seat covers for the fk2.Mine are on order.
Sorry can't find these.
By TheJtimex
rsz_11seat_covers_3.jpg
rsz_seatcovers_2.jpg
rsz_seatcovers_1.jpg
Added in 2 minutes 18 seconds:
RichE wrote:
TheJtimex wrote:Hi woody. Check out the pics I have put on the forum. Seatskinz in Wigan do real quality seat covers for the fk2.Mine are on order.
Sorry can't find these.
Sorry RichE. hope you can see them okay now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By TheJtimex
beatz wrote:How much di you pay for the covers. They seem to fit really well.
Don't know exact figure yet but it will probably be just under 500 quid for the 2 fronts seats but the quality of cover is the best I've seen yet. Im trying to get a type r or GT logo on as well. Honda are charging about £1400 plus installation for one seat. It doesn't interfere with the airbags neither. We all have those very nice Alcantara seats but they do wear easily then they look horrible.
By TheJtimex
I'll put pictures of mine on the forum when they arrive. I've got the back seats to match as well as Honda didn't seem to care too much for them as they really don't match the front ones at all.
By rb5rb5rb5
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a Black 2016 FK2. I was interested in these posts on Seat Covers and my question is WHY should we cover these seats ? The original seats look great and are an integral part of the Type R look and driving experience. My Car is just under 2 Years Old and I have only driven 16,000 miles yet the drivers seat outer bolster is badly faded and worn and has 2 holes in it so I have raised this as a fault under warranty via my Honda dealer in Bracknell. Honda UK's response is that it is NOT a fault, however, as a gesture of goodwill I have been offered a replacement seat that i will have to pay £100 plus VAT for and also £140 plus VAT to have it fitted. I have accepted this. A friend of mine at work also has an FK2 and he puts the Drivers seat back as far as he can before getting in or out of the car to protect the bolster. I completely disagree that it is not a fault ... how can it be considered fair wear and tear in less that 2 years and 16,000 miles ? My view is that this is a £32K Performance Car so you should expect a top quality Drivers Seat. If the seats had been made from leather rather than a poor quality type of Alcantara then there would not be an issue. I had a Subaru Impreza RB5 for over 3 Years and did nearly 60,000 miles on it yet the Alcantara Seats they used looked as good when I sold the Car as when I purchased the Car. Why is this not the case with my Honda ? ... Thousands and Thousands of Hours were spent designing, developing and testing the Car yet the robustness and quality of the Seats seem to have been completely overlooked - WHY ???? There is no point cleaning and polishing the car to ensure it looks good and then you open the Drivers door and it looks like the car has done 100K miles or more completely spoiling the impression that you really care for your motor. Would be interested in your views ....... perhaps if enough people raise it as a warranty fault Honda might do something positive ...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]