The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By xonics
Hey all,

I'm thinking about investing in a GPS tracker of some description for the FK.

Has anybody else done this (not just with an FK) or have any suggestions?
By Dragonfall
I had a RAC Trackstar system fitted to my Impreza.

Absolute waste of time and money. Really easy to locate where it is in the car and disable it.
I bought a 3 year subscription and sold the car after 12 months. I purposely didn't tell them I'd sold the car and never received a call of any sort.
The car was driven onto a transporter and the keys removed from it, when it was sold. That should have created an alert and caused me to get a call ... Nothing.

I'd consider a Clifford Blackjax system as that would confuse a car thief far more and catch them off guard.
By xonics
Thanks Dragonfall. I was wondering what other people's experience of trackers were, especially with cars that have alarms and immobilisers. Think I might just be being overly protective of my new car :)
By veehexx
my insurance says no change for a tracker.
they obviously dont think it'll be swiped from my home postcode so i didnt bother with it.
i have got a steering wheel lock for when i'm out & about as i've read too many key-less car horror stories (german marques seem to be the most sought after), but not something i use at home.
By thieftakers
I can recommend the Tracker Locate system. Had this on one of my previous cars. When I sold the car I informed the tracker company. About 3 months after I sold it I got a very early wake up call (3.00am) from the tracker company saying my car had triggered an alert. Had to tell them Id sold it months ago. For some reason the system is alot more expensive now than what I paid for it 3 years ago.
By john e
Hi all,
I am taking delivery of my new GT in February and I have been looking at the different types of trackers, I came across one in particular that is a portable unit which you can actually fit yourself, it is called the Automatrics Proactive .

By all accounts this unit cannot be scanned because it uses a battery supply and is not hard wired into the vehicle and because you fit it yourself nobody else knows where the unit is. This unit gets all the same back up and functionality of the likes of Tracker etc and is the only one which was designed with a Police preferred specification.

The company supply up to date warnings of low battery levels which is approximately 2 weeks notice, you also get leads that you can attach to your battery or you can buy a 240v charging unit , sorry the battery lasts about 2 years , but as I say you get prior warnings of low battery from Automatrics HQ

Automatrics are quoting a 98% success rate for recovery of assets. I don't know if anybody else has come across these and could give any further feedback , but having spoke to them they seem very helpful and very confident of there product giving it is accredited by the Police .
By john e
Has anybody put a Tracker on there cars yet ,I know from previous posts Xonics was looking in to it , any success guys .
Also there is a clip on you tube of a Grey type r gt with the alloygator rim protectors what do you think .

Added in 4 minutes 4 seconds:
By WoodyzR
I've got one on mine, I can track the car from my iPhone also via the app :Smile:

Piece of mind if nothing else.
By xonics
I've not got one yet, I'm still undecided to be honest.
What one have you got WoodyzR?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]