The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By veehexx
A non-inflated price too (based off opie 0w20 motul stuff).

probably not a problem with the free servicing thrown in for 5 years, but i wonder if honda can supply in 20l qty's.
By veehexx
did it with the s2k; 5litre for a full change, plus topups in between (probably 0.5litre per 1000 mile usage). Also worked out cheaper buying in bulk than 5litre at a time.
thinking about it; no topups and twice the oil life in the CTR vs s2k the 20litre would last a lot longer.
By xonics
Bugger, I've already ordered 4l of the normal 0w20, should have waited lol. Although your telephone call does suggest the stuff I've ordered is still okay.
Perfectly mate. It meets the standards required.

Added in 1 hour 23 minutes 38 seconds:
How weird. Got a call back from my dealer about the oil. They told me they wont have any in stock till after xmas. And cox motorsport have it in stock?
Having ordered the 'old' oil on sunday, i emailed a query about what they were sending me versus the 'new' oil.

I recieved a call from Dan at Cox's at 8:15am this morning. He said there is no difference in the oil other than one has Honda branding.
The text on the website relating to the Honda branded oil is taken striaght from Honda themselves and obviously aimed at promoting sales of their own oil.

He was happy for me to return my original order and them re-send the Honda branded oil if i wanted, but i didnt bother.
By xonics
I also kept the 'old' stuff too. It's Castrol, has the right specs and Engineered with Honda on the front (or something like that), that's good enough for me lol
By veehexx
i popped in to the dealer today to grab a litre of it; mobil1 branded for £12 on the nose.
also got a plastic bag and a few dipstick wipes in that price too.

i've now hit 850 mile and it's not used a drop of it yet. still on the max mark.
By cookra
Amazing how 8.99 migrates upwards....

1 x Genuine Honda 0W-20 Type 2.0 Synthetic Engine Oil 1 Litre **New Type-R 2015>** (08232P99K1LHE)
* Car Registration Number /VIN ****£8.90
---------
Sub-Total: £8.90
Shipping (**Economy** Delivery Within 5 Working Days (£3.49) (1Kg)): £3.49
Vat: £2.48
Total: £14.80
veehexx wrote: i've now hit 850 mile and it's not used a drop of it yet. still on the max mark.
Same and same. The salesman was quite forthright in telling me to keep an eye on it, and I have, but it hasn't moved.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]