The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Dan_
EvoStu wrote:Won't be long until the run is finished. UK is only getting 1500 at the moment maximum.
Is that 1500 in total before the next generation of civic comes out? Or 1500 in the first batch?
Dan_ wrote:
EvoStu wrote:Won't be long until the run is finished. UK is only getting 1500 at the moment maximum.
Is that 1500 in total before the next generation of civic comes out? Or 1500 in the first batch?
No that's in total for the run. Honda are now gearing up for 10th generation. This will be a remarkably short run for the Type R. Most EU countries have sold their allocation and Japan sold all of theirs in a few hours.
By Dan_
EvoStu wrote: No that's in total for the run. Honda are now gearing up for 10th generation. This will be a remarkably short run for the Type R. Most EU countries have sold their allocation and Japan sold all of theirs in a few hours.
Wow! To be honest for owners that's great news to keep residuals high :)
Dan_ wrote:
EvoStu wrote: No that's in total for the run. Honda are now gearing up for 10th generation. This will be a remarkably short run for the Type R. Most EU countries have sold their allocation and Japan sold all of theirs in a few hours.
Wow! To be honest for owners that's great news to keep residuals high :)
It could well go the other way with the 10th generation Civic and the Type R version well into development.
By Dan_
EvoStu wrote: Wow! To be honest for owners that's great news to keep residuals high :)
It could well go the other way with the 10th generation Civic and the Type R version well into development.[/quote]

As in go down due to the new version?

When would the 10G TypeR be expected? 2017?
By veehexx
i doubt it. 10th gen seems heavily based on the 9th - same engine, same rear spoiler, i assume same suspension. the coupe/sedan/non-hatchback shape has never really a big seller in the EU either.
By Helmigurt
veehexx wrote:i doubt it. 10th gen seems heavily based on the 9th - same engine, same rear spoiler, i assume same suspension. the coupe/sedan/non-hatchback shape has never really a big seller in the EU either.
I think it's pretty clear seeing the previous time frames of Civic launches: We'll see the production hatchback this Fall with deliveries late Fall/Winter and the Type R one year later. So late 2017/ early 2018 is my guess for the new Type R. I also believe it's our engine and general package (FWD) maybe with a small power boost. I do think that it will get independent rear suspension as the 10G seems to get it across the board.
By DBN
On order since 12/04/2016 Polished Metal GT. Expected delivery 14/06/2016 Holland.
Took 'Carbon interior package' and 2 years added warranty. Oh, and i had to bend over for the dutch taxes ...UKP 40K.
By SylverFyre
DBN wrote:On order since 12/04/2016 Polished Metal GT. Expected delivery 14/06/2016 Holland.
Took 'Carbon interior package' and 2 years added warranty. Oh, and i had to bend over for the dutch taxes ...UKP 40K.
40k!! That's awful!

The cars great though :D
By cressie
Finally got to drive our Milano red FK with carbon pack last week after the wife took delivery 2 weeks before as I was working away.
First impressions are its on another level compared to Type r's of old.
Not really put it through its paces yet but it's looking very promising!!!
By Anderoo
Well after learning that a certain Honda dealer very close to me, had a Polished Metal demo car in. I had to visit to see what it looked like at the weekend. :)

Lucky for me they also had a White and Blue in as well. But it was the Polished Metal that looked the business, and after only wanting to look at the thing (I guess the test drive also sold it to me). It appears I have traded my CW FN2 in against a brand new shiny Type R GT. Collecting later this month! :o

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]