The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
By Apoch
brucelee11271940 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:56 am wrote:No one putting up pics?! Also, haven't seen anyone with a grey one, any reason, I actually think they look awesome.
Ive ordered mine in Grey (or Polished Metallic Metal). Take delivery end of November. I was going to go for black but the dealer had one of every colour lined up and the Grey in my eyes looked the nicest by far.
By paul02ctr
ive seen all colours,the grey is the best by a mile.......polished metalic metal btw!

Black looks awsome though!

after my 13 year old milano ep3 though :LOL:
By Loxy
Dan_ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:
Loxy wrote:You can take me off the list. Cancelled my order today.
No worries bud - what made you cancel if you don't mind me asking?
Long story short, production has shut down on the Type R and the official line is that this is due to a parts supplier letting Honda down, some truth in that.

There is no word on when orders are going to be completed or fulfilled. The factory has stopped updating logistics because they are awaiting parts. It's all a bit of a mess.

My dealer had no idea, they hadn't got the Honda information memo that went round, but they're aware of the situation now.

I'm just not happy that the factory, logistics or my dealer can't tell me when my car will be ready, and no-one knows or is willing to be honest and say what is going on. Honda knew when I spoke to them on Monday but would neither specifically confirm or deny or pass that information on, and it's just left me feeling mugged off and with a bad taste in my mouth. I have got to the stage where I didn't want Honda to have my money. :roll:

Shame because it's not my dealer or the car's fault. I wish well to everyone who has bought or is waiting for the car and hopefully things will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Anyway cancelled my order, my deposit has been refunded without question and I've ordered a new M135i, factory order.

Happy with my decision and no regrets.
By Dan_
Loxy wrote:Long story short, production has shut down on the Type R and the official line is that this is due to a parts supplier letting Honda down, some truth in that.

There is no word on when orders are going to be completed or fulfilled. The factory has stopped updating logistics because they are awaiting parts. It's all a bit of a mess.

My dealer had no idea, they hadn't got the Honda information memo that went round, but they're aware of the situation now.

I'm just not happy that the factory, logistics or my dealer can't tell me when my car will be ready, and no-one knows or is willing to be honest and say what is going on. Honda knew when I spoke to them on Monday but would neither specifically confirm or deny or pass that information on, and it's just left me feeling mugged off and with a bad taste in my mouth. I have got to the stage where I didn't want Honda to have my money. :roll:

Shame because it's not my dealer or the car's fault. I wish well to everyone who has bought or is waiting for the car and hopefully things will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Anyway cancelled my order, my deposit has been refunded without question and I've ordered a new M135i, factory order.

That's gutting to read about the production line coming to halt :(

Who did you hear that from? My dealer hasn't even mentioned any delay in delivery times or anything like that so will be interesting see what happens!
But hope production restarts again soon! If not my December date is out the window!

Good choice going for the BMW - really good cars! What spec dos you go for? :)
By Loxy
Dan_ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:37 pm wrote:
Loxy wrote:Long story short, production has shut down on the Type R and the official line is that this is due to a parts supplier letting Honda down, some truth in that.

That's gutting to read about the production line coming to halt :(

Who did you hear that from? My dealer hasn't even mentioned any delay in delivery times or anything like that so will be interesting see what happens!
But hope production restarts again soon! If not my December date is out the window!

Good choice going for the BMW - really good cars! What spec dos you go for? :)
Honda UK customer services told me about the production being halted.

The official line is if your car is not on a transporter or at the dealers already then it will likely be delayed by around 4 weeks, although that is the best estimate at the moment.

Customer services number is: 0845 200 8000

Cheers. This is the spec I've gone for. I've not held back on the options. :lol:

http://mybmw.co.uk/l9q0i7z1
By danboi8701
This sounds true tbh mine was supposed to be delivered end of September, then first week October, then 21st October and now 23rd of October, they seem like there keeping something from me as there not very helpful on the phone, il call them tomorrow then phone Honda uk and get some updates
By hondafreak
Has anybody good photos of the gray one? Here in Switzerland there are only white and red cars, the other colors will arrive next April!
I would really appreciate if somone could help me.

Thanks
Simon
By Dan_
Loxy wrote:

The official line is if your car is not on a transporter or at the dealers already then it will likely be delayed by around 4 weeks, although that is the best estimate at the moment.

Cheers. This is the spec I've gone for. I've not held back on the options. :lol:

My one probably would have just started to be built so will definitely be held up :(

Hopefully they have a plan to speed up production once the parts come in to get back on track quicker, and the keep closer to the dates given to customers for delivery!

It just came up with be BMW homepage bud.
By Loxy
Dan_ » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:45 am wrote:
Loxy wrote:

My one probably would have just started to be built so will definitely be held up :(

Hopefully they have a plan to speed up production once the parts come in to get back on track quicker, and the keep closer to the dates given to customers for delivery!

It just came up with be BMW homepage bud.
Fingers crossed it's not too long for you bud.

It does do on a mobile device unless you tell your browser not to ask for the mobile site, as the car configurator only works on the full site. :roll:
By Apoch
Loxy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 pm wrote:
Dan_ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:37 pm wrote:[quote="Lo

Well the official line from my dealer is my car is still being delivered next month and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.
By Loxy
Apoch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:34 am wrote:
Loxy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 pm wrote:
Dan_ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:37 pm wrote:

Well the official line from my dealer is my car is still being delivered next month and there is nothing to suggest otherwise.
My dealer didn't know anything about it either. It looks like it wasn't just my dealer who got missed from the memo.

I hope for your sake it arrives on time, but Honda UK customer services followed by my dealer (after 3 days of me asking them to chase it up) told me a different story about the situation in general.

The dealer order system still shows the delivery date as unchanged as production have stopped updating logistics. Honda UK customer services explained away the dealer's denial that there is a delay in that the dealer must be misinterpreting, "No update," as, "No change."
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]