The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
So went to the dealer this morning, unless i was willing to put £500 deposit down there and then I wasn't allowed to test drive it. I was talking figures for 2 hours and not once did they unlock the car (battery had died) so I didn't have a proper look inside, I asked them if they'd sold any so far, he said 2 across 8 sites :lol:

That was a negative and right now i need two positives, you know one to cancel out the negative and another one just so I can have a positve.
pulpmelon_r » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:36 pm wrote:
cheapskate » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:58 pm wrote:
Kingston wrote:test drive booked for next thursday at 1400.

car will be run in by then apparently. Bit miffed though as despite leaving my details with the head sales dude, he didnt contact me.

Dont these flip know who i am
Maybe it's because they do. :P
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-type-r/ ... ost3182785
You have to be registered to view it.
EvoStu » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:
cheapskate wrote:
Apoch » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:28 pm wrote:When i placed my order my Honda, my dealership told me that Honda were deliberately limiting the number of vehicles initially sold to maintain the "exclusivity".
You didn't believe that BS?
It is true that production is limited. 1500 maximum in the first year.
Oh that is perfectly believable, but the idea that Honda would prefer to stockpile them somewhere rather than sell every last one as quickly as possible is laughable.
Went for a test drive this afternoon and loved it! :D

It might be because I had just jumped out of a 10 year old EP3 but this car just felt amazing. Going round twisties at top speeds and feeling as though you're doing about 40mph, really good handling! Great seating position, fantastic gearbox and I even liked the bit of turbo "whoosh" sound. My OH thought it suffered from a bit of torque steer but that's probably because he's a completely erratic driver! :lol:

A lot more lights and stuff in the cockpit than I'm used to, it even warns you to keep both hands on the wheel, so I might need to look at switching some of those off.
Oddly I'm still not 100% with the styling of the car but the performance makes up for it in my eyes. 8-)
It really is a nice place to be, it sets me up for work & cheers me up on the way home, twisty B rds & straights is my daily journey.
I did experience torque steer (or the car corrected itself) the other day, but that was foot down in 3rd overtaking but my god it went like a rocket & it just kept pulling it becomes a different car in vtec, my ol heart was thumping :lol: took me by surprise
civictyper45 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:44 am wrote:so the question is how many people on here have actually ordered one? :-)
quite a few are starting to come out of the woodwork, not least dweezle, our very own Cat also. Just from a cursory look through FK2 section i can deduce the following have or will have one coming:

-Dweezle
-Cat
-Dan_
-Rhodie61
-VT-Doo
-Jamesito
-CTR-FK2
-sparky_edwards
-Apoch
-comedysi

8-)
yep, pretty sure we'll go for one....but not looking for it until march really now. not sure of lead times on non-GT cars, seems a lot shorter though from what my dealer advised on expected delivery a couple of weeks ago.....
Ken H » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:07 pm wrote:I would think age is a major factor! Price is very relevant when you can buy a Cupra R for €32,000 and Golf R for € 42,000!
I'm really old with a perfect insurance record and no pointe and the major insurance company I am with have the car down as 1.8 sport with a note from the manager on the file to say what it really is and that he allowed it because their computer system will not allow insurance to be granted on a CTR. I have tried to get competing quotes only a couple of times and when you finally get to inputting the car details part the things breks a cog and complains 'does not compute'.

The Golf R: ' Golf R is from € 43,915
cheapskate » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:33 pm wrote:
Ken H » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:07 pm wrote:I would think age is a major factor! Price is very relevant when you can buy a Cupra R for €32,000 and Golf R for € 42,000!
I'm really old with a perfect insurance record and no pointe and the major insurance company I am with have the car down as 1.8 sport with a note from the manager on the file to say what it really is and that he allowed it because their computer system will not allow insurance to be granted on a CTR. I have tried to get competing quotes only a couple of times and when you finally get to inputting the car details part the things breks a cog and complains 'does not compute'.

The Golf R: ' Golf R is from € 43,915
Oh and:
Honda Civic Type-R priced €48,000 in Ireland

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]