The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK2 (2015 onwards)
test drive booked for next thursday at 1400.

car will be run in by then apparently. Bit miffed though as despite leaving my details with the head sales dude, he didnt contact me.

Dont these flip know who i am
Kingston wrote:test drive booked for next thursday at 1400.

car will be run in by then apparently. Bit miffed though as despite leaving my details with the head sales dude, he didnt contact me.

Dont these flip know who i am
Maybe it's because they do. :P
guy at my local Honda said 2 of these have been written off already - one by a guy who had it for an hour before wrapping it around a tree.

also, the tyres that come with it are only designed to last 5000 miles - at the away day the Honda staff had one of the drivers got through a set in 121 miles :LOL:
Last edited by trapdoor on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
along with everyone else's opinion I've read I found the handling to be top notch on the test drive, however the thought just crossed my mind and I'm curious to know how much of that is due to the "road legal track tyres" that are so soft they last Max 5k miles

I'm not jumping on the band wagon as I love everything about the car and have just ordered mine, it's just I know for a fact I won't be replacing the tyres for the same ones but at the same time I don't want to lose the experience I had on the test drive :(
was going to do a quick multi paragraphed review of it but id just get csb and so cba.

it reminded me of a grown up integra dc5. If i wanted the teg back, id press the R+ button but id be more inclined to leave it in standard as i already have a rock hard car and that sh-t gets tiresome on a daily.

Gearbox doesnt feel as tight as the dc5, in that the teg felt alot closer and snicked through the gears alot quicker. Though this CTR is alot quicker to go through the gears than my GT3 (or im just sh-t at changing gear in the GT3?). Loved the power delivery though not sure about the shift light indicator as started to find it abit to distracting, im sure once ou get used to it, its not to bad.

Only negatives from me are the sh-t red strip on the rims, works on the white but not on the blue and found the cockpit quite wide - i much prefer a 'cramped' cockpit. Felt alot wider than the DC5/GT3 though ive not compared dimensions.

Unfortunately it was pissing it down when i went out but the salesman was happy for me to take it where ever and what not. Couldnt take it down my favourite local lane as Police had closed it so took it down another one, was very 'fast/quick' and compliant. Didnt throw it around too much as not my car plus rain etc but felt good.

For the poor amongst us (haha peasants), 10% deposit on a non-Gt was £500pcm and 20% was £400pcm on a 3 year pcp deal. (basically 21k over 3, 7k a year) the the gfv was around £13k.

Apparently there is only 33 blues left in the system to be sold and if you want grey, i believe they restart painting them in November ready for a new year delivery. Non-Gt's (pending on colour) can be had quicker. Think i was offered a blue one for 6th September. Or was offered to spec one up, non-Gt as the dealer is looking to get one in for the show room. Then i could have that or turn it down.
no, im guessing they painted a batch of them in one go instead of to order. They are out of grey ones i believe. Theyll paint more but theres 33 currently in the system unsold
When i placed my order my Honda, my dealership told me that Honda were deliberately limiting the number of vehicles initially sold to maintain the "exclusivity".

Also i ordered grey (order went in on Monday) and I've been told to expect an end of November start of December delivery.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]